Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Default Re: Bucks sheriff wants more personnel for gun permit background checks

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    There isn't but they press them onto a separate card.Is this not done in the other counties?
    Not in Pike County
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

New article in Philly.com today.

Sheriff is saying he’s gonna call the references.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Texas View Post
    New article in Philly.com today.

Sheriff is saying he’s gonna call the references.
    Do the references need references, then?

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.
    America must suffer until it reaches the point that Liberty is more important than Comforts.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by qmcorps View Post
    So, the Sherriff has decided that the State Police System is inadequate? I smell empire building.
    Good sniffer you have there...
    - bamboomaster

(Delaware County)

Dammit,more city of the first class bullshit.
    It's not even part of the "Cities of the First Class" bullshit, it's a flat out extra requirement the PPD inposes.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawgbeav View Post
    When I renewed my LTCF a couple of years ago, I asked about why I didn't get a reminder letter. The lady at the front desk said they were way too busy and there were too many residents with licenses. Sending out reminder letters would be a full-time job, so they don't do it.

And this Dem Sheriff thinks adding a couple of people to his staff for interviews is going to make a difference? Just more of a waste of tax-payer dollars.

Looks like the days of instant LTCF turn-around is over.
    You can still get same day service, the Doylestown and Levittown (as of April 30, 2018) offices offer it according to the Sheriff's FB page.

(Bucks County)

IMO, It's nothing more than Democrat politics, use/need more tax dollars to do the same amount of work.. there must be a ton of crime committed by people that received a LTCW that the referances weren't verified..WTF!

Ole saying, you deserve the politicians ya get...sad thing is, I'm in the county, so I get to look forward to my taxes going up
    If You Need A Color In The Name Of Your Cause, You're The "RACIST" !

(Philadelphia County)

Slightly off-topic since it doesn't involve LTCFs, but on-topic because it involves Bucks Sheriff shenanigans...

I was in a Bucks County FFL that sells Class 3 items last week. A customer was buying a suppressor and the store owner was explaining the process and paperwork etc. After explaining that a copy of the paperwork would be sent to the Sheriff for notification purposes, the store owner stated that the week prior, another customer that bought a suppressor and was a Bucks resident got a phone call from the Sheriff trying to set up an appointment with the resident for him to come in and discuss his suppressor application.

The store owner advised the customer that the Sheriff's copy is just for notification purposes and the Sheriff's approval was no longer necessary. The customer was free to proceed as he wished with the Sheriff, but if the store owner was the customer, he'd tell him to pound sand.

Does the Sheriff not know that he no longer has authority on NFA stuff? Or, is this another example of his "field investigation" nonsense?

(Lancaster County)

There isn't but they press them onto a separate card.Is this not done in the other counties?
    It's not a state requirement therefore not valid if they are asking for fingerprints there is an issue

(Bucks County)

I renew my ltcf and 218 card at the Doylestown court house.
    It usually takes about 15 minutes.
    Sounds like that experience is about to become just a fond memory.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Indiana County)

Okay, I'll bite - what's a 218 card?

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast