Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Bucks sheriff wants more personnel for gun permit background checks

Sheriff: Dan, thank you for the response. I try to reach out as much as I can and when I can. The short reply to your's, nothing will change for those coming in to get their LTC. The additional staff will be to speed up the process and conduct the back ground checks the way they should be done.
    I'm not jumping on board and throwing praise on the guy just because he answers questions.

The bolded red part seems more "opinion" than anything and clearly isn't something that is done anywhere else.

I agree with the people saying that the added manpower simply to do "investigations" on people who almost assuredly don't need to be investigated is either a waste of money and manpower, AND/OR there's a hidden agenda.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Does the references you put on those applications require them to be currently alive?
    Come on Jen !

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I'm not jumping on board and throwing praise on the guy just because he answers questions.

The bolded red part seems more "opinion" than anything and clearly isn't something that is done anywhere else.

I agree with the people saying that the added manpower simply to do "investigations" on people who almost assuredly don't need to be investigated is either a waste of money and manpower, AND/OR there's a hidden agenda.
    Saying that all LTCF applicants are all upstanding, law abiding, citizens, is like saying all Police Officer applicants are fine, upstanding, law abiding citizens. And we know how that goes.

While they didn’t use their LTCF in the commission, I know of three LTCF carrying acquaintances who had their licenses revoked because of DUI’s and domestic assault issues. They probably should have never been issued to begin with.

In addition, cops are no strangers to alcohol and domestic abusive issues and I would agree that they get resolved in a manner that others would not.

(Delaware County)

Does the references you put on those applications require them to be currently alive?
    Depends. Are they Democrat voters?

(Lehigh County)

I had this same question. I have had one of my two references pass on between renewals for the last two renewals. It is tempting to just leave them on there, but I don't want to bugger the process. Maybe I need to start using folks that are under 70 years old?
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Bucks County)

Last time I renewed in bucks county it took 15 minutes. Seems like it doesn't need to be changed.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    Dammit,more city of the first class bullshit.
    Well, that's were "duke" came from...isn't it.
    "He who is Brave, is Free" Seneca
    Si vis pacem, Para bellum
    To every man upon this earth, death cometh, soon or late

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by DonBiase View Post
    Well, that's were "duke" came from...isn't it.
    He had 23 years on the PPD, but isn’t he the outgoing sheriff who folks had ‘less’ of a problem with compared to some other sheriffs ?

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    He had 23 years on the PPD, but isn’t he the outgoing sheriff who folks had ‘less’ of a problem with compared to some other sheriffs ?
    I know, we came in about the same time.
    He left in the late 80's, I believe.
    "He who is Brave, is Free" Seneca
    Si vis pacem, Para bellum
    To every man upon this earth, death cometh, soon or late

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by McSull View Post
    Last time I renewed in bucks county it took 15 minutes. Seems like it doesn't need to be changed.
    Same with me. Which is why I was asking what was wrong?

I do know that I renewed before the expiration date and the young lady didn't know if she was supposed to revoke the old before issuing the new.

After I got my renewal and left I asked an attorney buddy of mine he said she should have just let the old one expire while renewing. I don't know how the details work.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast