Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Default Re: Bucks sheriff wants more personnel for gun permit background checks

Quote Originally Posted by frankski View Post

What happened?
    Typical politician.
    What they say means nothing.
    What they do says it all.

(Allegheny County)

The guy needlessly adds the word "So" to the beginning of sentences.

Not very reassuring.

(Bucks County)

To be clear, Sheriff Warrell invited questions or comments in his January posts.

Perhaps our mods could PM him and invite him to clarify his intentions on the forum.

Sunlight is needed.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by frankski View Post
    To be clear, Sheriff Warrell invited questions or comments in his January posts.

Perhaps our mods could PM him and invite him to clarify his intentions on the forum.

Sunlight is needed.
    He has the link on his site---you can ask him on FB---

Update---There's a response to my question. It appears the article is flawed.

https://www.facebook.com/SheriffWarrell/
    Last edited by mikelets456; March 15th, 2018 at 11:38 AM.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Chester County)

Hello all, Sheriff Warrell here
    So I clearly have first hand knowledge of this process and what we are doing so feel free to ask anything you would like.
    So when I took over I found we have many many problems and issues with the process of issuing CC permits. My staff and I are actively working to change that and make it easier more efficient and smoother for everyone. When I took over on 1/2/2018 the staff at the sat offices were not my direct employees. We made the change ASAP to our people but staff is limited which is why Levittown is only one day a week for now. That will change as soon as we’re able and we will increase service and production at Levittown. I welcome any input or qestions and yes I am a 2A guy!
    -Sheriff Warrell

Hello and thanks for the question. So I’m past we could not do same day at sat offices because the staffers were it our people and therefore did not have back ground check access for applicants. I’m the future once we get the kinks worked out and increase our staff the plan is to do same day issue at the sat offices. The delay in the current process is when you apply your docs have to be physically brought to Doylestown and processed for background checks, you of course can understand the logistics in that. The goal is to streamline this
    -Sheriff Warrell

So that hurts just to read it...So new sheriff found many problems and issues...So yes I am a 2A guy!
    So Lord help us all if we can't elect someone sharper than this tool.
    So next we'll hear it's for the kids.
    Last edited by howard stiffy; March 15th, 2018 at 11:38 AM. Reason: cleanup

(Bucks County)

Facebook?! No thanks.

Poofa forum. Where he initially posted and invited comments.

(Bucks County)

What's there to streamline? You show up, turn in application/renewal, hand over $20, get picture taken, walk out 20 minutes later with LTCF... seems pretty streamlined to me. Especially compared to other counties. Maybe referring to the satellite offices?
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Delaware County)

Last edited by kobsw; June 3rd, 2020 at 03:06 PM.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawgbeav View Post
    What's there to streamline? You show up, turn in application/renewal, hand over $20, get picture taken, walk out 20 minutes later with LTCF... seems pretty streamlined to me. Especially compared to other counties. Maybe referring to the satellite offices?
    We've had a very strong Republican Sheriff in Bucks for a long time and people in South East Bucks going to Levittown for a LTCF would have to wait up to 30 days to get their LTCF. Also, I heard wait times were BRUTAL at that location --- the reason? I heard it was one person doing the carry licenses, but that's just rumor. Also, heard they did not have the "instant photo" machine, but once again, that's all hearsay----can anyone that has been there confirm?
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Bucks County)

I have met Sheriff Warrell and was impressed. Be very careful of the Bucks County Courier Times. They are capable of misquoting even having recorded the interview.

There have been examples of shooters having passed state and national background checks that in hindsight proved to have had behavioral histories. Only a field investigation (like the FBI should have done in Florida) can detect these oddballs. I would assume Sheriff Warrell has learned from these cases that more needs to be done and he is taking his job seriously. Warrell apparently realizes it is his responsibility to actually know who he is licensing. He places himself as the thin blue line between the nut and the potential victims, and this forum beats him up?

Who here wants to side with giving a LTCF to a whack job who by fortune has not been officially designated such by arrest?

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast