Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Default Re: Bucks sheriff wants more personnel for gun permit background checks

Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    Are you sure about that? Might have been the old sheriff. This new one sounds like he was trained by the Phila Gun Permit Unit.

Lol dude I live in north Philadelphia and they didn’t even do that much for my LTCF. Seems the sheriff and marseglia are trying to virtue signal and are being sneaky about it
    Last edited by Texas; March 20th, 2018 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by qmcorps View Post
    Does not NICS/PICS provide that information?*

*Not being contrarian; If the system does not provide that information, perhaps the "comprehensive background check" is necessary**.

** Yea, I'm going to get burned.

My question is, since Philadelphia specifically notes in their application for LTCF that they agreed in their settlement that they would not utilize the references in their investigations, but that I still had to put them on there, does this extra investigation open bucks up to a lawsuit?
    Last edited by Texas; March 20th, 2018 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    There isn't but they press them onto a separate card.Is this not done in the other counties?
    Not in Pike County
    "Take the guns first, then worry about due process" Trump

New article in Philly.com today.

Sheriff is saying he’s gonna call the references.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Texas View Post
    New article in Philly.com today.

Sheriff is saying he’s gonna call the references.
    Do the references need references, then?
    Politics is war by other means.-qmcorps

The Left doesn’t believe in American exceptionalism. It believes in its own.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by qmcorps View Post
    So, the Sherriff has decided that the State Police System is inadequate? I smell empire building.
    Good sniffer you have there...
    - bamboomaster

(Delaware County)

Dammit,more city of the first class bullshit.
    It's not even part of the "Cities of the First Class" bullshit, it's a flat out extra requirement the PPD inposes.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawgbeav View Post
    When I renewed my LTCF a couple of years ago, I asked about why I didn't get a reminder letter. The lady at the front desk said they were way too busy and there were too many residents with licenses. Sending out reminder letters would be a full-time job, so they don't do it.

And this Dem Sheriff thinks adding a couple of people to his staff for interviews is going to make a difference? Just more of a waste of tax-payer dollars.

Looks like the days of instant LTCF turn-around is over.
    You can still get same day service, the Doylestown and Levittown (as of April 30, 2018) offices offer it according to the Sheriff's FB page.

(Bucks County)

IMO, It's nothing more than Democrat politics, use/need more tax dollars to do the same amount of work.. there must be a ton of crime committed by people that received a LTCW that the referances weren't verified..WTF!

Ole saying, you deserve the politicians ya get...sad thing is, I'm in the county, so I get to look forward to my taxes going up
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others.
    Thomas Jefferson

(Philadelphia County)

Slightly off-topic since it doesn't involve LTCFs, but on-topic because it involves Bucks Sheriff shenanigans...

I was in a Bucks County FFL that sells Class 3 items last week. A customer was buying a suppressor and the store owner was explaining the process and paperwork etc. After explaining that a copy of the paperwork would be sent to the Sheriff for notification purposes, the store owner stated that the week prior, another customer that bought a suppressor and was a Bucks resident got a phone call from the Sheriff trying to set up an appointment with the resident for him to come in and discuss his suppressor application.

The store owner advised the customer that the Sheriff's copy is just for notification purposes and the Sheriff's approval was no longer necessary. The customer was free to proceed as he wished with the Sheriff, but if the store owner was the customer, he'd tell him to pound sand.

Does the Sheriff not know that he no longer has authority on NFA stuff? Or, is this another example of his "field investigation" nonsense?

(Lancaster County)

There isn't but they press them onto a separate card.Is this not done in the other counties?
    It's not a state requirement therefore not valid if they are asking for fingerprints there is an issue

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast