Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Show your buying power, buy and return items to anti 2A stores like dicks

Show your buying power, buy and return items to anti 2A stores like dicks.

I have an idea and want to see what you think. Today is 3/14/18 and the schools are allowing students to walk out. So my idea is this. Go to an anti 2A store such as dicks and the like during the week of 4/9/18 to 4/13/18. Buy something that IS RETURNABLE. Then RETURN it on 4/14/18, one month from today. When something is checked out at the register, most computerized systems track what needs to be reordered. This could upset the apple cart and cause a lot of over stocked items. You also get your cash back, hitting them in the wallet. yes this will take some time, money and gas, however a little bit may have a huge impact. Please share this idea with family and friends. Maybe we can spread this idea into every state. My plan is to spend about 20 to 50 dollars and then return the items.

I know the thought of buying something from the enemy is disturbing. Especially dicks and field and stream. They are just an example of who we can do this to. Today on WFMZ they had a blip about dicks losing sales. Since dicks has been so vocal, I want to hit them the most.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Re: Show your buying power, buy and return items to anti 2A stores like dicks

Some stores (cough##REI##cough) have liberal 1-year return policies. If (cough) one buys the backpacking tent of his dreams, and if (cough) he decides at the end of the season that he doesn't like it, they'll refund the full cash price. If he then sees that tent at their next garage sale, where they sell the product returns cheap, he might decide that the tent wasn't worth $400, but is a decent buy for $150.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Show your buying power, buy and return items to anti 2A stores like dicks

You can't even get people to stop supporting companies that lobby to have your guns taken in the first place.

If someone DOES have the sense to NOT support them, that takes zero effort.

Your proposal takes "two efforts" (minimum) - one to go and buy something with no intention of keeping it and another effort to go and return it.

People are like water and take the path of least resistance - it's easier to NOT buy something than it is to buy it and then return it.

Since we can't even get everyone to not buy from them in the first place, I don't see vast amounts of people "not supporting them" buy putting forth extra effort.

The idea would only be an annoyance to them if done "large scale".
    I'm not interested even if everyone else here wanted to do it.
    It wouldn't feel right to buy stuff with the intention of returning it for no other reason than to fuck with them, so I'll pass.

(Venango County)

Just saw a news story talking about stores tracking who makes returns. They then punish customers by refusing to allow returns for one year. Expensive items or items that are stolen a lot will trip the alarms. Of course, you don't probably plan to use the store anymore anyway. However, I foresee a day when the returns have a FICA like standing that is shared.

Further, would doing so be considered fraud? If you abuse it a pattern could be established that you had no intent on purchasing for use. Only to damage the store.

IANAL but I would suggest not shopping there, telling all your friends not to shop and why, and picket the store. Write down why you don't shop there anymore on the net, in reviews, emails, and letters to the store and corporate.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post

I don't see vast amounts of people "not supporting them" by putting forth extra effort.

And you won't, since vast amounts of people still don't own guns, or are Fudds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Franklin County)

Woiuldn't it be just as much fun to go to Dick's and fill a shopping cart with many small items. Once you have 50 to 100 items in your cart, take it to the check out and chat them up while they total up everything. Just as they get to the final items, announce that you left your wallet in the car. Walk out to your car and drive away.

(Allegheny County)

Please don’t do this.

The last thing I want is for retailers to scale back generous policies.

Thank you.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by coalcifer View Post
    Woiuldn't it be just as much fun to go to Dick's and fill a shopping cart with many small items. Once you have 50 to 100 items in your cart, take it to the check out and chat them up while they total up everything. Just as they get to the final items, announce that you left your wallet in the car. Walk out to your car and drive away.
    Much better solution. Now you are costing them real money, as someone has to put all that shit away.

Have a bunch of people hit up specific stores. Fill it full of 500 full carts of shit that need to be put away. Small shit too.

(Susquehanna County)

You guys keep saying Dicks.. do not forget that the Rabid Anti 2A CEO of Camper World is now also the CEO of Gander

They have done their inventory dump, spent millions on remodeling stores and are just re-opening.. great time to send a message
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

Quote Originally Posted by Parrisk View Post
    You guys keep saying Dicks.. do not forget that the Rabid Anti 2A CEO of Camper World is now also the CEO of Gander

They have done their inventory dump, spent millions on remodeling stores and are just re-opening.. great time to send a message
    I always avoid anti-2A businesses when I can. I saw a new Gander sign off I-81 and was surprised. I thought they had simply gone out of business. If they are back again with anti-2A management/ownership, I will avoid them too. Better to give my business to a local firearms dealer. Maybe it will be a little more expensive, but I can generally count on good service and and usually expect they will not stab me in my political back.

UPDATE: I just visited the Gander Outdoor website. They do sell firearms. The selection seemed pretty thin to me. The only semi-automatic centerfire rifles I saw offered were the Springfield M1-A and the Ruger Mini-14. No "evil" black rifles were displayed. I guess the Springfield does not look sufficiently like an evil black rifle to be of concern to management.

They also sell a pro-2A T-shirt with an NRA logo. Holdover inventory?

I could not find any specific 2A quotes from Marcus Lemonis. Based on his product offerings, I guess he is may be one of those "the Second Amendment only protects a regulated hunting right" guys. If anyone has more information on this guy, I would like to read it.
    Last edited by Wilderness 1864; March 14th, 2018 at 03:28 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast