Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Default Organize Counter Protest March for Lives 3/24/2018

Is there any interest in organizing counter protests at the March for Our Lives? I have a link below to find info on your local march. I'm hopeful that somebody from each location can organize a peaceful counter protest to show that not everyone believes that the gun control they are pushing is common sense.

If you know of one already or plan to organize one, please post it as an event in the political events section. Maybe we can even get the site to put up a banner next week to draw attention. Also see the link to protest law guidelines for PA (from the ACLU). I might be interested in co-organizing a West Chester or Harrisburg one.

https://event.marchforourlives.com/e...events/search/

https://www.aclupa.org/issues/freesp...ights-protest/

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Organize Counter Protest March for Lives 3/24/2018

Quote Originally Posted by giant_g2 View Post
    Is there any interest in organizing counter protests at the March for Our Lives? I have a link below to find info on your local march. I'm hopeful that somebody from each location can organize a peaceful counter protest to show that not everyone believes that the gun control they are pushing is common sense.

If you know of one already or plan to organize one, please post it as an event in the political events section. Maybe we can even get the site to put up a banner next week to draw attention. Also see the link to protest law guidelines for PA (from the ACLU). I might be interested in co-organizing a West Chester or Harrisburg one.

https://event.marchforourlives.com/e...events/search/

https://www.aclupa.org/issues/freesp...ights-protest/
    Yes absolutely I am in. There are 2 "marches" in Philly. The March for our lives isn't announced yet as far as place and time but your rep leach is marching in Philly on saturday, its a support march or some nonsense.

(Berks County)

I'm surprised I haven't gotten more responses. If you want to organize Philly, please post the details. 11:00 at Lombard circle would be a good spot.

Leach's is 10-1 at Independence Hall. I think that is a national park, so additional carry restrictions apply (maybe others can confirm).

(Delaware County)

Only restriction is you can't carry inside the Federal buildings.

(Berks County)

I think you also must have a LTCF the way the federal law is worded, right? Of course being in Philly you would need one under state law. The thing I'm not sure of is long guns. LTCF does not apply to long guns, so I am not sure if that is covered under the federal law.

Basically, does the federal law entirely defer firearm regulation to state law except in buildings, or is it worded that licensed individuals are allowed to carry under the state rules?

(Bucks County)

Anybody going to the one in Doylestown? It starts at a school but ends at the courthouse so we could meet there.