Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cambria County)

Default Kimber threaded issue

I have a Kimber 6.5CM with a 7/16-28 thread. Would like to use my suppressor but i cant find an adapter other than one from Kimber. So is a 1/2-28 big enough? or 5/8 needed?
    I have had one suppressor mfg tell me it was to small to be safe? http://store.kimberamerica.com/muzzle-thread-adapter Kimber says otherwise

(Armstrong County)

Default Re: Kimber threaded issue

Not im understanding what you're asking.
    What is your suppressor thread pitch, 1/2x28 or 5/8x24?
    More than likely, you will need a 5/8x24 to use a with a 6.5CM caliber (or larger) can.

I also dont understand the "too small to be safe" from the manufacture comment.
    Can you elaborate?

I have a couple customers who have those rifles and they bought the adapter from Kimber.
    Kimber gets to sell another part for their rifle with an odd thread pitch and stack some tolerances on your can.
    HGW, llc ~ Title 1 & NFA sales/manufacturing ~ Transfers - Title 1 $20 - NFA $50

(Cambria County)

Kimber is 7/16-28 i have had a suppressor company tell me the barrel is too small? Kimber said no. Kimber does have the adapter but i dont like the one they have.

(Lehigh County)

When they tell you the barrel is too small are they referring to the original thread or with the adaptor installed. Obviously you cannot use a 5/8 tube on a 7/16 barrel.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Armstrong County)

If by "too small" and you want to re-thread it to 5/8x24, then like gghbi stated, it is too small of a diameter to do so.

Check out Mark McWillis at TROS USA if you want a cleaner one-off custom adapter.
    You will get what you pay for with Mark.

Or you could have it chopped down to where you have more diameter of the barrel to work with and re-threaded to 1/2x28 and then use a more common 1/2x28 female to 5/8x24 male thread adapter.

What dont you like about the adapter from Kimber?
    HGW, llc ~ Title 1 & NFA sales/manufacturing ~ Transfers - Title 1 $20 - NFA $50

(Cambria County)

Easy fix just buying a suppressor with 7/16 threads.

The problem with the 7/16-28. The barrel is to thin. Every gunsmith will tell you its not enough and i agree. When you add an adapter, then a flash hider adapter then the suppressor you run the risk of a baffle strike. The Kimber adapter, it has a huge flange on it ugly. I have found other ones.

(Lackawanna County)

I’d just use the adapter. I’m not sure how the thread pitch would even come into play if the threads matched from barrel to adapter and adapter to suppressor. If the threads weren’t concentric I could see an issue.