Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lycoming County)

Default Pro 2A retailers, restaurants, etc.

I saw the few posts not long ago about the credit card company pulling away from NRA. Before then, I didn't realize there was one, because I would have probably gotten one to give a little extra support and recognition to NRA and gun owners. That being said, I thought it would be neat to see what others have to say about pro-2A places to spend money.
    My main desire is to know who actually supports gun owners ( like a retailer that supports/donates to the NRA or GOA), but even if you've just had positive responses carrying at certain places, that's always good to know too. Does anyone have any ideas?

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Pro 2A retailers, restaurants, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Guitars_N_Guns View Post
    I saw the few posts not long ago about the credit card company pulling away from NRA. Before then, I didn't realize there was one, because I would have probably gotten one to give a little extra support and recognition to NRA and gun owners. That being said, I thought it would be neat to see what others have to say about pro-2A places to spend money.
    My main desire is to know who actually supports gun owners ( like a retailer that supports/donates to the NRA or GOA), but even if you've just had positive responses carrying at certain places, that's always good to know too. Does anyone have any ideas?
    I don't know how active and/or up to date this is, but:

http://friendorfoe.us/

Isn't this the Cracker Barrel you guys meet at before the 2A Rallies?

Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    Isn't this the Cracker Barrel you guys meet at before the 2A Rallies?
    I can't speak for that particular Cracker Barrel, but I have never had a problem open carrying in any of the Cracker Barrels I've been in. Pennsy and I even had a pissed-off middle-aged woman shoulder her way past us as we approached the hostess so she could loudly exclaim, "ARE GUNS ALLOWED IN HERE?!" Then the hostess said, "Um, yes?" That deflated the middle-aged busybody just a bit, so she stormed off in a huff after the waitress who was going to seat her.

I was going to question the accuracy of that site when I saw a Panera Bread with a positive review, then I noticed who entered it.

"June 21, 2012 12:02 AM
    by scruff
    OC'd there, as well as a few other Panera's, with no issues."
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

^ That's hilarious.

Panera is a no-go for me. I don't give my money to places that don't want my gun's business.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lexington View Post
    I can't speak for that particular Cracker Barrel, but I have never had a problem open carrying in any of the Cracker Barrels I've been in. Pennsy and I even had a pissed-off middle-aged woman shoulder her way past us as we approached the hostess so she could loudly exclaim, "ARE GUNS ALLOWED IN HERE?!" Then the hostess said, "Um, yes?" That deflated the middle-aged busybody just a bit, so she stormed off in a huff after the waitress who was going to seat her.
    I have OC’d in Cracker Barrel’s from here to AZ and Fl, never ever had a problem. Some looks, never a word uttered.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    I was going to question the accuracy of that site when I saw a Panera Bread with a positive review, then I noticed who entered it.

"June 21, 2012 12:02 AM
    by scruff
    OC'd there, as well as a few other Panera's, with no issues."
    Haha yeah, I occasionally OC at Chipotle too, despite their soft ban. Haven't been kicked out or given salmonella.

(Lycoming County)

That's a pretty interesting map. I feel that it's a easy way to share experiences. I wish there were more places that not only are 2A friendly, but maybe also donate to the cause as well. But with all the recent news, maybe a lot of places wouldn't advertise that sort of thing in fear of losing business from others.

When I used to go to McDonalds, I never ever had any problem. Walmart no problem. Wawa never a problem. Most local businesses don't have a problem with me. Shop Rite never a problem from the management. Giant I've never had a problem. My public library (Indian Valley) did give me a problem two summers ago. A kid at the front desk told me that open carry isn't allowed. When I inquired about the library being a publicly funded building, he back tracked and told me that 'the board is looking into it'.