Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Shield 45 vs Shield 45 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by laen3145 View Post
    In all seriousness, why did you respond, "Sorry, can't really confirm anything". I am puzzled.
    Because the OP asked if someone can confirm whether his 45 is different from the new 2.0, specifically the trigger. I've recently watched and read a lot about the pistol as I am interested in one myself. I thought I'd add my thoughts. You can see that in a later post I contacted Smith and Wesson and could confirm it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppy View Post

I'd like a shield 45 someday. What do you think of yours?
    I am extremely satisfied with my purchase. Like I said, I have a 45c as well, but it's not very "compact" compared to other pistols on the market and was pretty big for pocket carry.

But with my shield, I just drop it in my pocket and go. I've carried it on multiple occasions, including around some of my liberal friends, and never received a comment about what I had in my pocket. The safety is WAY less conspicuous than the 45c's "paddle" and the trigger feels better as well.

If you have any other questions about it, let me know and I can answer to the best of my experience.

I just chatted with Smith and Wesson customer service. She said the 45 has been considered 2.0 since it’s release. They just started engraving 2.0 on the slide.
    Duh, I should've thought to contact the mfg.

But thank you very much for your (and every else's) reply. This was the answer I was looking and hoping for.

(Philadelphia County)

Because the OP asked if someone can confirm whether his 45 is different from the new 2.0, specifically the trigger. I've recently watched and read a lot about the pistol as I am interested in one myself. I thought I'd add my thoughts. You can see that in a later post I contacted Smith and Wesson and could confirm it.
    Thanks for your response and understanding of my question. You were on top of the OP's query.
    First generation American by birth. Patriotic Veteran by choice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12