Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Susquehanna County)

Default Re: Why support the NRA?

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    From what I gathered form it, the GOA is the way to go.
    GOA is a piss ant compared to the NRA 600 lb gorilla. Join both if you will.

But you folks who constantly complain about the NRA, join, get qualified to vote and change the NRA from within.

(York County)

Not
    Real
    Advocates

(Bucks County)

I support the NRA because of the power we have wielded over the years.

We are not perfect. We don't always act in our best interest, AND damn sure know people who just buy a membership and then do nothing.

When you join, you need to remaine involved.

Get certifications, sign up for events, call leadership when they try bullshit. Vote for people like Adam Kraut and Mr. Knight.

Sign up to volunteer for the friends of the NRA and try to start shooting teams and participate in events.

Use the Eddie the Eagle program as it is intended.

Everything takes work.

Kim Stolfer from FOAC and some others who are not on here anymore have been the best friends to RTKBA. I have met a lot of you at rallys and through this sight.

Frankly i think we need both the NRA which has been an ass regarding some in state issues, and we NEED FOAC.

join both and be an active member in both. I have seen the results from hard work in both groups. AND just because something isn't right don't leave but call people on it and be ready with a better plan or step up and work.

(Crawford County)

The biggest gripe I have with the NRA is that the leadership is not loyal to the membership.......as has been insinuated early and often in threads like this somehow the fact that membership is not loyal to (and by that I mean prying into their wallet) the NRA is the reason why the fortunes of war go against the gun owner. The truth is the leadership of the NRA has been selling its membership down river for decades. A characteristic of a great man is that he remains loyal to those who serve him. The NRA exists only because the membership has been loyal beyond reason and instead long ago should cut off its lifeblood through funding and support of large contributors. Never has so much been spent in return for so little. Yet, I still remain a member. Beats shit out of me.

(Centre County)

I will dropped my NRA membership a few years ago and took the membership money and anything I donate to the GOA. I used to follow all that the NRA said until a few years ago, but started hearing others talk about issues with the NRA and how they were behind things like the 1934 NFA, Gun Control Act of 1968, 1986 Firearm Owners Protection Act with Hughs Amendment, writing NICS and most recently the support of the bump-stock ban (rate increasing devices included) as well as Fix NICS.

The NRA seems like it calls for funding to prevent anti-gun bills, but does nothing to actually fight them with the hopes that it pass then they will ask for more money to try to get the law overturned (ie Hughs Amendment). Personally I will not be a member while Wayne LaPierre and Chris Cox are involved with the NRA.

Here is an interesting read about the NRA.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...ory-revisited/

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by HarmonyHermit View Post
    GOA is a piss ant compared to the NRA 600 lb gorilla. Join both if you will.

But you folks who constantly complain about the NRA, join, get qualified to vote and change the NRA from within.
    The voting members as well as the board member cannot change anything with the NRA-ILA. All of the power of the NRA-ILA is with Wayne LaPierre and Chris Cox. Voting members and board members can only vote on base NRA issues, like marksmanship training and firearms safety.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    That's funny, I don't see libs fighting over Everytown for Gun Safety vs. the Brady organization.
    That's because the anti gun organizations are just shell companies with paid employees working for a small core of wealthy people trying to disarm the population.
    Anti gun groups are not supported by a large active base of millions of people that represent a significant cross section of the population.
    By contrast, pro gun groups are supported and populated mostly by millions of people sending their financial support in $10's and $20's, with a much smaller group of wealthy donors adding their support.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234