Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Why support the NRA?

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    I've been a member of the NRA and GOA for more years than many of the whiners have been alive. I used to give money to the 2nd amendment Foundation until Alan Gottlieb stabbed us in the back and got on the Toomey/Manchin Universal Gun Registration bandwagon. I've gotten the most bang for my buck from the NRA. The biggest problem is most gun owners have no idea how the process works and think that if they give money to a certain organization then they will get what they want. If the NRA had more money and more members maybe things would work out more positively but many times all that can be done is to minimize the damage that is about to occur. The NRA or the GOA for that matter don't make law they can only attempt to influence the wording that goes into a law or try to prevent a new from being passed. That's all class, your homework assignment is to join the NRA or GOA and send them a note on what you think should be done.
    Well said, and +1.
    We need the NRA, and we need the GOA, and we need the FOAC, and we need other effective pro gun rights groups.
    Different organizations have different strengths, and we need a variety of organizations to fight the very large and complicated battle of protecting our gun rights.
    If every gun owner joined the NRA and the other pro gun rights groups, we would be the largest and strongest political lobby in the entire country.
    Joining the NRA and the other pro gun rights groups is easy and inexpensive, and every gun owner needs to do their part to help protect our Constitutional Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    Well said, and +1.
    We need the NRA, and we need the GOA, and we need the FOAC, and we need other effective pro gun rights groups.
    Different organizations have different strengths, and we need a variety of organizations to fight the very large and complicated battle of protecting our gun rights.
    If every gun owner joined the NRA and the other pro gun rights groups, we would be the largest and strongest political lobby in the entire country.
    Joining the NRA and the other pro gun rights groups is easy and inexpensive, and every gun owner needs to do their part to help protect our Constitutional Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
    More so now than ever.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll
    A lot of people look at the NRA and say, they don’t do everything perfectly the way I want, so I will not support them.
    That isn't my beef with them at all. My beef is that they are pushing gun control IT, and I'll have ZERO of that.

I am in full disagreement.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    I've been a member of the NRA and GOA for more years than many of the whiners have been alive. I used to give money to the 2nd amendment Foundation until Alan Gottlieb stabbed us in the back and got on the Toomey/Manchin Universal Gun Registration bandwagon. I've gotten the most bang for my buck from the NRA. The biggest problem is most gun owners have no idea how the process works and think that if they give money to a certain organization then they will get what they want. If the NRA had more money and more members maybe things would work out more positively but many times all that can be done is to minimize the damage that is about to occur. The NRA or the GOA for that matter don't make law they can only attempt to influence the wording that goes into a law or try to prevent a new from being passed. That's all class, your homework assignment is to join the NRA or GOA and send them a note on what you think should be done.
    Now that I've stopped laughing at the hypocrisy, let me see if I have this straight- You ceased financial support for SAF because they stabbed us in the back, but condemn others for bitching about the NRA stabbing us in the back. I think I understand now
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

That's funny, I don't see libs fighting over Everytown for Gun Safety vs. the Brady organization.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    I saw that this morning but didn't think it was worth posting. He could have put that time and effort into fighting the other side. What a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    I saw that this morning but didn't think it was worth posting. He could have put that time and effort into fighting the other side. What a waste.
    From what I gathered form it, the GOA is the way to go.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    That's funny, I don't see libs fighting over Everytown for Gun Safety vs. the Brady organization.
    Does "Everytown FGS" or Brady Organization have forums? Are you a member of any Liberal Gun Control forum? I honestly have no idea if they fight about what their activists do. I suspect however that you are correct, but that's only because I believe them to be emotionally driven and doing SOMETHING is as far as they can get. As far as they are concerned Everytown & Brady are doing SOMETHING and that is sufficient to them.
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    I’ve read a lot of anti NRA sentiment on line over the last couple of weeks. A lot of people look at the NRA and say, they don’t do everything perfectly the way I want, so I will not support them. There is no reason to. We are just buying Wayne a bigger house. Your money is better going to the 2nd Amendment Foundation, GOA or other 2nd Amendment supporter.

And the NRA is not perfect in my eyes. They have come out in favor of things where I’m thinking "what the heck". Other groups are worthy of support. I hope groups like the GOA grow in leaps and bounds. The more support we have on our side, the better. People like Alan Gura have done tons for the 2nd.

But the NRA has crucial roles to play, and those roles take money. I’m thinking about an article I read after the Trump election. It pointed out that the NRA spent over 50 million on Trump and other races delivering big time more pro 2nd candidate in those elections. And this is one area where we can not forget the role the NRA plays in fight for the 2nd. They back pro 2nd candidates and help them win.

This November there are going to be a lot of crucial races in Congress. Money may be the difference between pro 2nd candidates winning and antis winning. The more money donated to the NRA, the better chance we have keeping Congress the way we want it for the 2nd. We got Gorsuch, Trump has been stacking the courts with a lot of pro 2nd judges. This is crucial to the future of the 2nd. We need a Congress that is going to support Trumps nominees. If the Senate swings Democrat, it will hurt us. The NRA can help keep it from swinging Democrat in November. (Hopefully). The more money they have to spend the better.

The article:

https://www.thetrace.org/2016/11/nra...-2016-results/

Almost All of Them.
    Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post
    Amen brother. I am in agreement with you.
    Same here.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast