Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Default Re: Why support the NRA?

Even though the NRA donates far less than unions and planned parenthood, it is only fair to give the NRA the opportunity to even the score!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by aubie515 View Post
    I personally won't give the nra a dime of my money. I was an nra member and will no longer support them.

They stood by and did nothing while the FL bill was being passed...once the FL governor signed the bill, the nra files a law suit about the 21 years old to purchase a firearm. They didn't say anything about the bumpfire stocks. nra was the one that started the conversation about banning bumpstocks, then they changed their position...even though they didn't file a lawsuit in FL about that portion of the passed bill.

What I'm getting at is the nra is a business and their primary concern is profits and it's been very profitable for the nra the last few weeks.

I will never tell anyone how to spend their money, so do as you feel is right for you. I just know I'll spend my money on other organizations.

I laugh at the "shall not infringe" as the nra has no issues with compromising. The nra does not represent me, nor do they care about my 2A rights. They care about making profits and will only support what they deem is important to gun owners. They pick and choose which battles they will fight.
    I always support the NRA. There is a reason only and always the NRA is the target, and I'll never promote anything the gun grabbers are promoting, like bad mouthing and not supporting the NRA. Besides, I Am The NRA, it's not an entity with self awareness, it's an organized group of real people. We arnt perfect but we are standing in the breach. Have been before anyone else.

(Northumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    The group the antis hate the most is the NRA. That alone means I will always be a member and donate.
    Yep! That alone is worth the price of admission in my book.

(Bucks County)

I was a member years ago then stopped, but I will become a member again. On a side note, whenever I get into a debate with an anti-gun lemming and they rant about the NRA, I usually tell them "if you want to abolish the NRA, then stop bypassing the 2A with illegal laws".

The 2A is one fight that will never end and with these brainwashed kids moving up the ranks in a decade, we need to be ever more vigilant.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by aubie515 View Post
    I personally won't give the nra a dime of my money. I was an nra member and will no longer support them.

They stood by and did nothing while the FL bill was being passed...once the FL governor signed the bill, the nra files a law suit about the 21 years old to purchase a firearm. They didn't say anything about the bumpfire stocks. nra was the one that started the conversation about banning bumpstocks, then they changed their position...even though they didn't file a lawsuit in FL about that portion of the passed bill.

What I'm getting at is the nra is a business and their primary concern is profits and it's been very profitable for the nra the last few weeks.

I will never tell anyone how to spend their money, so do as you feel is right for you. I just know I'll spend my money on other organizations.

I laugh at the "shall not infringe" as the nra has no issues with compromising. The nra does not represent me, nor do they care about my 2A rights. They care about making profits and will only support what they deem is important to gun owners. They pick and choose which battles they will fight.
    Of course they pick and choose their battles. Exactly what magic wand did they have to stop that Florida bill? Didn't it pass in a week or two by a vote of 67-50? If you want to blame anyone for that, blame your governor, not the NRA.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Of course they pick and choose their battles. Exactly what magic wand did they have to stop that Florida bill? Didn't it pass in a week or two by a vote of 67-50? If you want to blame anyone for that, blame your governor, not the NRA.
    Sure blame Wolf for Florida bill
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Berks County)

I think that Paul Ryan summed it up pretty well just recently when he was asked why he respects the NRA and takes their money...He said that it's not just the NRA that is standing there, it is the millions of members that the NRA is standing there for. There is strength in numbers and we need to keep those numbers up.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(York County)

I can't think of a single relationship where I expect 100% agreement on all things at all times.

• The NRA pisses me off at times, I certainly don't agree with everything they do, or don't do.
    • President Trump pisses me off at times, I certainly don't agree with everything he does, or doesn't do.
    • My wife pisses me off at times, I certainly don't agree with everything she does, or doesn't do.

But the congruity is much more than the disagreement.

And what's the alternative?

• NRA dies and goes away, leaving a huge vacuum of 2A support that might take years to get filled (or never). It's not like GOA is suddenly going to have the scale, heft or influence of the NRA.
    • Demoncrat President? Libtard SCOTUS for the foreseeable future?
    • Divorce and becoming a single man able to do what I like, when I like?

So I'm -definitely- sticking with the NRA and Trump. As for the wife... well... I'm used to her, and she's pretty hot.
    DGAF

(Bucks County)

Here's an idea....tear down the statues of the founders who signed the Bill of Rights. Before the lefties think of it.

(Delaware County)

Renewed my membership with the NRA and joined the 2nd Amendment foundation when the reeeee reached deafening proportions. I love PA and 'shall not be questioned' but dream of a day when all states are free. Seems like they're getting some fresh blood. Wayne will retire someday.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast