Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Another Gun Registry Question?

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    Hypothetically speaking, if I was concerned about said topic, I would examine what circumstances allow for undocumented transfer within the current law.
    Some options still exist.
    It is also still legal to go with the 80% gun show method.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Na, I'm just thinking way ahead of things and wondering what I'd have to divulge if there is ever a gun grab in PA.
    Then the SHTF.

Let's hope it doesn't come to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

any and every handgun you have bought while in PA will be on your "list" even if you have sold them. I dated a girl years ago that knew a DA and or something and she had a list of the guns she owned according to them, so i asked her to get me one, and there were guns on there that i forgot i had owned and sold years ago.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    any and every handgun you have bought while in PA will be on your "list" even if you have sold them. I dated a girl years ago that knew a DA and or something and she had a list of the guns she owned according to them, so i asked her to get me one, and there were guns on there that i forgot i had owned and sold years ago.
    Is there a way to obtain a copy of said list? I got a lot of stuff when my father died and he had been collecting for quite a while.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Is there a way to obtain a copy of said list? I got a lot of stuff when my father died and he had been collecting for quite a while.

Do you know a DA or someone else who can otherwise pull some strings?
    I don't think police are allowed to search that info without a valid reason. (investigation/running numbers during traffic stop)

When you "got a lot of stuff" was there paperwork involved? "They" wouldn't have a record otherwise.

You also need to consider where each of you resided when you "got" all of that stuff.
    I'm not asking for you to post that info because I don't want to see you get jammed up over it in case one of you lived in another state at the time when you took possession of said "stuff".
    Now, if there were transfers done via the person in charge of his estate, then that's a different story - but what info "gov" has all depends on if the transfers took place while you were a resident of PA.

It all gets muddy because you mention out of state purchases early on, so it's hard to give the proper response without the correct info to base the answers on.

Regardless, PA only has records of what you purchased HERE.
    Last edited by Emptymag; March 12th, 2018 at 10:43 AM.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Do you know a DA or someone else who can otherwise pull some strings?
    I don't think police are allowed to search that info without a valid reason. (investigation/running numbers during traffic stop)

When you "got a lot of stuff" was there paperwork involved? "They" wouldn't have a record otherwise.

You also need to consider where each of you resided when you "got" all of that stuff.
    I'm not asking for you to post that info because I don't want to see you get jammed up over it in case one of you lived in another state at the time when you took possession of said "stuff".
    Now, if there were transfers done via the person in charge of his estate, then that's a different story - but what info "gov" has all depends on if the transfers took place while you were a resident of PA.

It all gets muddy because you mention out of state purchases early on, so it's hard to give the proper response without the correct info to base the answers on.

Regardless, PA only has records of what you purchased HERE.
    Thanks for that info. Dad and I were all PA through and through so I'm good on that, I knew that part but I don't know what all he had on 'the list' as I don't know when it started nor when he started collecting. I do recall going to gun shows near and far with him and his buddy and coming home with pistols wrapped in newspapers back when I was about six years old.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123