Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Another Gun Registry Question?

You are looking for a centralized database of gun ownership/purchase at the state or federal level?
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    You are looking for a centralized database of gun ownership/purchase at the state or federal level?
    Either or both, if I'm ever accosted by a state or federal lawman in the future I want to know what he knows before I answer. I don't want to divulge my entire cache if I don't have to.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    OK, i e, I bought my Sig from a guy in Canada, it came into DHL at Allentown airport through a guy I worked with who was an FFL. Would this be on record? Is there any way for me to find out? I bought a rifle at a gun show in MD from an FFL,
    would there be a record of this sale state or federal? Is there any way I can find out?
    The process as I understand it is: When the FFL did the final transfer, you had to fill out a 4473 which he keeps and the PSP form if it was a handgun, which goes to PSP and mysteriously turns up in the not a registry. The state does not get info on long gun sales. The only record would be in the FFLs bound book which is subject to inspection by the BATFE, but not by the state as I understand it.

For the purchase in MD you did a 4473 and a record would be in the FFLs bound book which he keeps, and the state does not get a record, as far as I know, but MD state law may be different in reporting to the MDSP so that would have to be verified.

If the gun turns up a 'crime scene' and the police want to chase it down they have to follow the chain of ownership established by the multiple FFLs that did the transfers. The term 'crime scene' includes stolen guns that are recovered.

When a dealer closes up shop, all of the books and 4473 forms are turned into the BATFE.
    Last edited by gghbi; March 11th, 2018 at 10:43 PM.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    When the FFL did the final transfer, you had to fill out a 4473 which he keeps and the PSP form if it was a handgun, which goes to PSP and mysteriously turns up in the not a registry. The state does not get info on long gun sales. The only record would be in the FFLs bound book which is subject to inspection by the BATFE, but not by the state as I understand it.

For the purchase in MD you did a 4473 which he keeps, and the state does not get a record, as far as I know, but MD state law may be different in reporting to the MDSP so that would have to be verified.

If the gun turns up a 'crime scene' and the police want to chase it down they have to follow the chain of ownership established by the multiple FFLs that did the transfers. The term 'crime scene' includes stolen guns that are recovered.
    Hmmmm, I don't have a 4473 on the rifle but I do have the purchase receipt, I would have kept them together. I have an envelope on the Sig and I'll dig into that tomorrow. Thank you for the information

(Lehigh County)

Hmmmm, I don't have a 4473 on the rifle but I do have the purchase receipt, I would have kept them together. I have an envelope on the Sig and I'll dig into that tomorrow. Thank you for the information
    The buyer does not get a copy of the 4473, but they do get a copy of the PSP form.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Montgomery County)

Either or both, if I'm ever accosted by a state or federal lawman in the future I want to know what he knows before I answer. I don't want to divulge my entire cache if I don't have to.
    I'm not sure I follow this exactly.
    If you are accosted I presume there is some legal issue involved, in which case you have the right to remain silent, and you should have GunLawyer's phone number in your wallet and in your phone's contact list.

(Berks County)

I'm not sure I follow this exactly.
    If you are accosted I presume there is some legal issue involved, in which case you have the right to remain silent, and you should have GunLawyer's phone number in your wallet and in your phone's contact list.
    Na, I'm just thinking way ahead of things and wondering what I'd have to divulge if there is ever a gun grab in PA.

(Montgomery County)

Na, I'm just thinking way ahead of things and wondering what I'd have to divulge if there is ever a gun grab in PA.
    That's what I thought.
    You want to know if every gun is on a list waiting for confiscation.
    This is exactly why the GOA is against "universal background checks" which is really just universal gun registration which leads to universal gun confiscation.
    As for your question, I'm not the brightest bulb, but I would think discussing it on an open forum would be counterproductive to your end goal.
    N'est-ce pas?

(Berks County)

That's what I thought.
    You want to know if every gun is on a list waiting for confiscation.
    This is exactly why the GOA is against "universal background checks" which is really just universal gun registration which leads to universal gun confiscation.
    As for your question, I'm not the brightest bulb, but I would think discussing it on an open forum would be counterproductive to your end goal.
    N'est-ce pas?
    Oui, oui, messiur.

(Montgomery County)

Oui, oui, messiur.
    Hypothetically speaking, if I was concerned about said topic, I would examine what circumstances allow for undocumented transfer within the current law.
    Some options still exist.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast