Might be the current status of things gun related, but I just bought a Ruger Rimfire rifle this week from a large local gun store (they were selling it as brand new), and upon inspection some parts were missing from the box (sights, mounting rail, etc). Gun store advises me to contact Ruger. Called Ruger and customer service was extremely helpful, took my info gun info and serial number. At the serial number part is where things got interesting. She put me on a short hold, then explained when she got back on the line that she had to get a supervisors approval to send out replacement / warranty parts for a gun that was OVER 5 YEARS OLD.

I just bought it...last week....

Then after talking with her and finding the parts (Ruger will ship them to me at no charge), I had a feeling that I knew the answer, but I asked anyway... Is this rifle still in production? Answer from her, No, sorry, we stopped making it last year....

Wow, not that they stopped making it, but that it was 5 years old, now discontinued and I managed to find it! lol

Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen, or thoughts on if we will be seeing more stuff like this in the future as it appears that most local stores are looking for anything that remotely resembles a firearm/rifle to sell right now.