Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Walther PPS .40

Default Walther PPS .40

I like my smith & Wesson 649 for deep concealment. I’m thinking of replacing it with a Walther PPS (not the M2, but the classic). I’d get the .40 S&W, and I would get the heavy trigger version (just my preference). I can get one new for under 400.

Does anyone here carry a PPS in .40? How do they hold up long term, and how reliable out of the box?

Thanks.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Walther PPS .40

I picked one up last summer when Walther was running a rebate and Tanner's had them on sale for $339. I never really considered them before, but at that price it be stupid not to give it a go.

I've been very happy with mine. I have about 200 rounds through it, mostly Winchester white box, with no issues. It might be me, but I feel the recoil on the PPS more so than with the .40 Shield. Added a rubber grip sleeve and that seemed to help slightly. Still a little snappy. The size is great for concealment IWB.

I'd buy more Walthers if they hadn't changed the location of the mag release on most models to the grip/thumb style. I really like the paddle/trigger guard mag release on the classic PPS.

Quote Originally Posted by PHLJJS View Post
    I picked one up last summer when Walther was running a rebate and Tanner's had them on sale for $339. I never really considered them before, but at that price it be stupid not to give it a go.

I've been very happy with mine. I have about 200 rounds through it, mostly Winchester white box, with no issues. It might be me, but I feel the recoil on the PPS more so than with the .40 Shield. Added a rubber grip sleeve and that seemed to help slightly. Still a little snappy. The size is great for concealment IWB.

I'd buy more Walthers if they hadn't changed the location of the mag release on most models to the grip/thumb style. I really like the paddle/trigger guard mag release on the classic PPS.
    Thanks for the write up of your PPS. Sounds like yours is a reliable pistol

(Montgomery County)

I have the P99 in 0.40 and 9 mm. Both excellent pistols with low recoil and accurate. Dave_n