Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Department of Justice Submits Notice of Proposed Regulation Banning Bump Stocks

Where is the Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM)?
    When is the Public Comment window?

Not sure that we can "redefine" MG by regulation, since it defined by statute.
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

(Washington County)

Default Re: Department of Justice Submits Notice of Proposed Regulation Banning Bump Stocks

Quote Originally Posted by Democrat Gun Owner View Post
    Let me get this straight...

After Sandy Hook with Obama in the White House guns and ammo disappeared for months because people rushed to stock up as they all knew gun grabbers were coming, but nothing happened (except gun right expansion into national parks).

After Stoneman Douglas with a Republican Congress and President, there are bump stock ban Justice Dept regulations, bills to expand background checks, expansion of “temporary gun confiscations”, expansion of court ordered mental health (is this to create more prohibited persons?), etc. etc. etc.

You all may hate him for social issues and stances, but on guns, let’s see how history treats the Obama/Trump comparison.

Didn’t Obama ban green tip ammo as armor piercing?? Oh, never mind.

If all this shit passes, I never want to be derided because I'm a Democrat Gun Owner. Maybe we need a Democrat in the White House so Republicans can be ok with being against proposed gun control measures on the basis of their being the idea of a Democrat. Let's see if Mitch and Paul get on board because it’s now a Republican idea.
    You are either a fundamentally dishonest person, or you paid absolutely no attention to politics during the entire second Obama term. I do not know you personally, and I will not speculate as to which is true, but with certainty I can say it is either one or the other.

The fact that Obama and the Democrats failed to pass gun control measures does not mean they upheld gun rights. The man campaigned tirelessly, as well as dishonestly, against firearms, to the point that it was made abundantly clear to anyone with a fully functioning brain that he would gladly take whiteout to The Second Amendment, if he could get away with it.

He even called a press conference to shame republicans for voting down gun control measures, post Sandy Hook. He LITERALLY CRIED on national television, in response to the failure of gun control.

So don't give me this bullshit about how Democrats are not the enemy when the very minute a tragedy involving a firearm takes place, every fucking one of them, who isn't up for election in a red state, gets out their fucking megaphone and calls us all terrorists.

Gun control was literally a core pillar of their 2016 platform. So while you might get away with peddling this bullshit to someone with his head up his own ass, friend, it ain't gonna work on me, because even if every last Republican calls for a repeal of The Second Amendment tomorrow, they will only be JOINING the Democrats in their treason.

Quote Originally Posted by marinville View Post
    You are either a fundamentally dishonest person
    You had it nailed right there.

(Lackawanna County)

You are either a fundamentally dishonest person, or you paid absolutely no attention to politics during the entire second Obama term. I do not know you personally, and I will not speculate as to which is true, but with certainty I can say it is either one or the other.

The fact that Obama and the Democrats failed to pass gun control measures does not mean they upheld gun rights. The man campaigned tirelessly, as well as dishonestly, against firearms, to the point that it was made abundantly clear to anyone with a fully functioning brain that he would gladly take whiteout to The Second Amendment, if he could get away with it.

He even called a press conference to shame republicans for voting down gun control measures, post Sandy Hook. He LITERALLY CRIED on national television, in response to the failure of gun control.

So don't give me this bullshit about how Democrats are not the enemy when the very minute a tragedy involving a firearm takes place, every fucking one of them, who isn't up for election in a red state, gets out their fucking megaphone and calls us all terrorists.

Gun control was literally a core pillar of their 2016 platform. So while you might get away with peddling this bullshit to someone with his head up his own ass, friend, it ain't gonna work on me, because even if every last Republican calls for a repeal of The Second Amendment tomorrow, they will only be JOINING the Democrats in their treason.
    All I would like to point out is your last statement pretty much proves my point. Democrats use rallying for gun control (and crying on TV) to bring out their base. If they were to every successfully pass it, they would be pulling a plank from their platform which garners lots of votes from their mostly anti-gun base. On the other hand, if Republicans are bantering about passing gun control measures now that they control the White House and Congress, I can only surmise the only reason they vote against it when Democrats bring it up is because it is Democrats bringing it up. Would Republicans outlaw free air to breathe if Democrats proposed a bill to provide free air to all Americans??

Don't get me wrong, but on many issues, the Democrats will vote against an idea because it comes from a Republican and vice versa. With the polarization of today's politics, there is never discussion about the quality of opposing ideas. Rather, it is all about "I am right, and you are wrong."

But, once again, thank you for pretty much proving my point.

OPERATION CHOKE POINT

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by wa3ra View Post
    Where is the Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM)?
    When is the Public Comment window?

Not sure that we can "redefine" MG by regulation, since it defined by statute.
    I also wondered if this can be done why didn't the last administration do it.

I was also wondering if anyone knew the usual time frame for both the NPRM and them the public comment period.

Could it be an election year stunt. Not legal but if the process can drag out past Nov they can stand up and get credit for doing it. Then after the election say, oh no, I guess we can't without legislation.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Democrat Gun Owner View Post
    All I would like to point out is your last statement pretty much proves my point. Democrats use rallying for gun control (and crying on TV) to bring out their base. If they were to every successfully pass it, they would be pulling a plank from their platform which garners lots of votes from their mostly anti-gun base. On the other hand, if Republicans are bantering about passing gun control measures now that they control the White House and Congress, I can only surmise the only reason they vote against it when Democrats bring it up is because it is Democrats bringing it up. Would Republicans outlaw free air to breathe if Democrats proposed a bill to provide free air to all Americans??

Don't get me wrong, but on many issues, the Democrats will vote against an idea because it comes from a Republican and vice versa. With the polarization of today's politics, there is never discussion about the quality of opposing ideas. Rather, it is all about "I am right, and you are wrong."

But, once again, thank you for pretty much proving my point.
    I am very interested to hear why you are a Democrat.
    I have asked you before but I have never gotten an answer.
    You obviously feel that your decision to be a Democrat is correct.
    This implies that you feel that my decision to be a Republican is not correct.
    I want you to give me a no BS answer explaining why it is better to be a Democrat.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Lancaster County)

The problem with the Left is they're just so damn wrong about everything. It's like debating a toddler. Facts, logic, common sense and real world evidence but the toddler just says "Nah uh". and makes an emotional plea, spouting untruthful bs, rebuts your statement with "What ifs" and wipes their snot on their sleeve

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    The problem with the Left is they're just so damn wrong about everything. It's like debating a toddler. Facts, logic, common sense and real world evidence but the toddler just says "Nah uh". and makes an emotional plea, spouting untruthful bs, rebuts your statement with "What ifs" and wipes their snot on their sleeve
    I know you are, but what am i

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    I am very interested to hear why you are a Democrat.
    I have asked you before but I have never gotten an answer.
    You obviously feel that your decision to be a Democrat is correct.
    This implies that you feel that my decision to be a Republican is not correct.
    I want you to give me a no BS answer explaining why it is better to be a Democrat.
    You came up with thag implication yourself, cause I never heard DGO say anything that someone being a Republican is not correct. Just cause I like Strawberry ice cream doesn't mean I hate all other flavors of ice cream.

This is why this country is so divided. We think that if you don't agree with me and what i think on EVERY SINGLE TOPIC THAT I BELIEVE IN, then you are against me and you must be destroyed. I love guns.....but it not the only thing on my mind when I hit the voting booth.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast