Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Department of Justice Submits Notice of Proposed Regulation Banning Bump Stocks

There are better examples out there but just wanted
    to show how ridiculous all this BF shit is. We're still going to do it
    no matter what laws they pass.

Default Re: Department of Justice Submits Notice of Proposed Regulation Banning Bump Stocks

Once again, I call on all gun owners again to get involved and stay active. The White House needs to hear from all of us individually. Keep up the pressure. This asserts authority that the ATF does not have because bump stocks are not legally machine guns, as ATF tech branch has previously found.

This, of course, ignores the fact that the government has zero authority to regulate even legitimate machine guns due to 2nd Amendment, despite what is claimed by the Hughes Amendment, but I digress.

This ruling is dangerous on multiple fronts, as it leaves the door open for widespread abuse by future administrations for reinterpretation of bump-stock like devices, potentially including all semi-automatics. In addition, it is clearly an executive power grab since there is no legal authority to regulate bump stocks simply because the rate of fire can be similar to a machine gun. These devices do not function in a way that violates the one specific technical definition of a machine gun as defined by statute, thus they are not illegal under any statute of Federal law.

Don't give up. Make sure the white house, your senators, and your representatives hear from you regularly. Stay engaged and be heard. Our liberties depend on it.
    I am not a lawyer.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by buckengr View Post
    This, of course, ignores the fact that the government has zero authority to regulate even legitimate machine guns due to 2nd Amendment, despite what is claimed by the Hughes Amendment, but I digress.
    The "Government" doesn't care about the Constitution, or our 2A rights, unless they are Liberal/Progressive social issues which ultimately are more restrictive to freedoms. We are dealing with Statism, and it has been largely upheld by the courts.

(Berks County)

Take a dump on the base day?

(Crawford County)

The bumpfire is just the first casualty. Remember this was initiated by the NRA. And expanded background investigations with longer waiting periods are to follow.....

Those “educational” videos will educate antigunners. The semi auto as we know it is an endangered species. The gun industry will be consulted as to how to design new “semiautos” which cannot be bumpfired. Once purchased, any “tampering” or aftermarket adjustments will be felonies.

Suspicion will permit “temporary confiscation” for testing purposes. Thank you Republicans.....thank you NRA.

Forgot to add....the home build and the gunsmith industry will be in the first case made illegal and in the second case highly regulated.

(Erie County)

Flame suit is on.

I could give a crap about bump stocks.

My issue is nothing will be obtained in return.

(Tioga County)

I see the traders are back. Can we trade, can we trade, can we trade, can we trade????

The left isn't interested in trading only taking. I'm not sure what it's going to take for people to understand that.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by ItchyTick View Post
    Flame suit is on.

I could give a crap about bump stocks.

My issue is nothing will be obtained in return.
    It's not about the bump stocks specifically.
    It is about enacting a broad open ended law change via executive fiat rather than by the legislative process in Congress.
    Once this precedent is established it will be repeated by future Liberal administrations to ban more and more types of guns.
    It is also a problem that the proposed ruling is overly broad and can allow for bans on any gun part that increases the rate of fire.
    This can be reinterpreted at a later date to ban triggers, magazines, and even semi auto firearms entirely.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    It's not about the bump stocks specifically.
    It is about enacting a broad open ended law change via executive fiat rather than by the legislative process in Congress.
    Once this precedent is established it will be repeated by future Liberal administrations to ban more and more types of guns.
    It is also a problem that the proposed ruling is overly broad and can allow for bans on any gun part that increases the rate of fire.
    This can be reinterpreted at a later date to ban triggers, magazines, and even semi auto firearms entirely.
    Bingo

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    The bumpfire is just the first casualty. Remember this was initiated by the NRA. And expanded background investigations with longer waiting periods are to follow.....

Those “educational” videos will educate antigunners. The semi auto as we know it is an endangered species. The gun industry will be consulted as to how to design new “semiautos” which cannot be bumpfired. Once purchased, any “tampering” or aftermarket adjustments will be felonies.

Suspicion will permit “temporary confiscation” for testing purposes. Thank you Republicans.....thank you NRA.

Forgot to add....the home build and the gunsmith industry will be in the first case made illegal and in the second case highly regulated.
    Settle down Bevis

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast