Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Department of Justice Submits Notice of Proposed Regulation Banning Bump Stocks

I'll give you the short answer Berncly why people are democrats. They want someone else to pay for all their social and moral behavior choices. Then there are guys that can't make up their minds. They are called wishy washies, they will fall for anything that comes along and have no actual beliefs.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Default Re: Department of Justice Submits Notice of Proposed Regulation Banning Bump Stocks

Dealing only in absolutes by either side gives us the results we are now living in.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    I am very interested to hear why you are a Democrat.
    I have asked you before but I have never gotten an answer.
    You obviously feel that your decision to be a Democrat is correct.
    This implies that you feel that my decision to be a Republican is not correct.
    I want you to give me a no BS answer explaining why it is better to be a Democrat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    You came up with thag implication yourself, cause I never heard DGO say anything that someone being a Republican is not correct. Just cause I like Strawberry ice cream doesn't mean I hate all other flavors of ice cream.

This is why this country is so divided. We think that if you don't agree with me and what i think on EVERY SINGLE TOPIC THAT I BELIEVE IN, then you are against me and you must be destroyed. I love guns.....but it not the only thing on my mind when I hit the voting booth.
    Aggie pretty much hit the nail on the head. I do not hate Republicans. I just identify with many more stances of the Democrats. I am staunchly pro-choice and pro-union. I believe there should be social programs for the less fortunate.

Perhaps it is because of the fact my father passed away when I was young and many of the social programs that are so derided on this forum were used by my single mom and our family to make it. After my dad passed, she went and got a four year degree with the help of federal grants and subsidized student loans. My brother, sister, and I all went to college on grants and loans. We were fed through the use of ACCESS (at the time food stamps) along with the jobs my mom, siblings and I had along the way. It was a struggle, but we made it. We may not have if not for the programs that were available to us. I know there are those who may abuse the programs my family used to survive. However, I do not think my tax dollars are wasted on such programs.

You want to know why I am a Democrat? It because I look back and know where I came from. I know there are others struggling now. I am not about to say “Fu$& You!! I've got mine. Now let’s cut these programs because Moochers should fend for themselves.” It kills me that Paul Ryan and his mom/family used some of the same programs my mom/family used, but now he and many Republicans want to cut these programs. It bothers be that Melania came here illegally and got her legal status through favors not available to all. Then her parents are chain migrated over here all the while Trump rallies against the programs he and his family used. I find “good enough for me, but not for you” to be hypocritical.

You want to know why I’m a Democrat? I live by Matthew 25:40-45...Call me a bleeding heart liberal, but I care about the least of my brothers because when I was one of them, others cared about me.

With all that said, I truly believe my party is wrong on their stance on the 2nd Amendment.
    Last edited by Democrat Gun Owner; March 14th, 2018 at 04:02 AM. Reason: Corrected grammar and (ironically) autocorrect errors

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by ItchyTick View Post
    Flame suit is on.

I could give a crap about bump stocks.

My issue is nothing will be obtained in return.
    I will flame out with you Itchy
    For all those " the second amendment is not about "muh Leveraction" or "not about huntin'"
    well the second amendment is not about bump stocks either

They are a stupid piece of plastic crap that DOES convert a rifle to fire automatically, The ATF literally stepped on their dicks by approving them in the first place

The first time I saw one I had a hunch this is what it will lead to, same goes for the Franklin Armory Reformation and the Mossberg shockwave. These manufactures have to stop pushing the Lawyers to interpret the laws and push the rules to the very limit for a few wannabe sidewalk commando airsofters to leave their parents basement get their rocks off and ruin everything for the rest of us. all in the name of making a few mo' bucks

Quote Originally Posted by SgtRecon View Post
    For all those " the second amendment is not about "muh Leveraction" or "not about huntin'"

They are a stupid piece of plastic crap that DOES convert a rifle to fire automatically, The ATF literally stepped on their dicks by approving them in the first place

The first time I saw one I had a hunch this is what it will lead to, same goes for the Franklin Armory Reformation and the Mossberg shockwave. These manufactures have to stop pushing the Lawyers to interpret the laws and push the rules to the very limit for a few wannabe sidewalk commando airsofters to leave their parents basement get their rocks off and ruin everything for the rest of us. all in the name of making a few mo' bucks
    100% factually incorrect so you get one of these too.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    100% factually incorrect so you get one of these too.

OK ill see the "convert" and raise you a "modify" ...lets face it is a part that does does modify the rifle.

OK ill see the "convert" and raise you a "modify" ...lets face it is a part that does does modify the rifle.
    So then does my trigger finger or belt loop or shoulder. You don't need a bump stock to bump fire an AR.

I'll second Hodgie's
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    So then does my trigger finger or belt loop or shoulder. You don't need a bump stock to bump fire an AR.

I'll second Hodgie's
    you are correct, your thumb or belt loop is not a part or a mechanical device, carry on. lets think realistically and not emotionally here fellas

(Lackawanna County)

What are your thoughts on pistol braces and buffer tubes?

Well then I guess Jerry's arm and finger is a modification.

Or we should just ban all semi auto's because they ALL have the capability to bump fire without any assistance at all including a belt loop.

The issue at hand has nothing to do with the legitimacy of bump stocks or binary triggers neither of which I own. It has to do with the way it's being addressed without the legislative process as well as one more ban that will not stop the lawless and only effect the law abiding.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast