Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Effective may 1, 2018 - same day processing will no longer be available

You're already way-out-of-town, what does it matter that Montco won't issue you a non-resident permit? I've been in Montco for 6+ years now and haven't met with a single anti-gun official that really mattered. Try one of the 66 other counties.

Default Re: Effective may 1, 2018 - same day processing will no longer be available

Spoken like a true democrat. They don’t follow the statute but don’t worry go somewhere else. Hmm what if you apply for a nonresident permit in FL and they deny you because they feel they just don’t want to. Just go somewhere else.

Yup, that's it....a true democrat.
    I don't think your "problem" is a tall enough hill to plant a flag. Much bigger issues to make a big deal of.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by LTCcarrier View Post
    Montco does not follow the law and will not issue to nonresidents. They are not gun friendly and have not been in many years.
    Very few PA Sheriffs will issue non-resident permits. It has been that way for years.

You just have a chip on your shoulder in regards to Montco.

Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    Very few PA Sheriffs will issue non-resident permits. It has been that way for years.

You just have a chip on your shoulder in regards to Montco.
    So you feel that just because the law has not been followed that it is okay.

Ugh...so I just received my notice and went online. I use Comcast email server and not Outlook, so it's not as user friendly. Comcast saves as "pdf", but it's really a Windows Explorer link pdf, so the form wipes itself out. Not the county's fault and I'm all for online submission, if it saves time in line. Even with a handful of folks running permits there, it was always a crap shoot on time. I realize other counties, like Berks, are better equipped for permits, but I'd also guess that gun ownership and permit issuance is much higher in Berks than MONTCO.

Anyway, there's a nice feature on my HP printer, called ID copy. When you select that, it makes copying a two side ID more user friendly. That said, I have some concerns. This might come from my earlier background in payment systems and credit card fraud, but emailing my ID to anyone concerns me. In fact, when I realized how well the color copy of my ID was, I decided to redo it in black and white. Sure, no one will fall for a color copy as a physical ID, but if it's in a wallet and flashed for credit card ID and the like, then yes, I can see a clerk accepting that. In the end, so much of our ID and personal information is already out there, but I'm still sending black and white copies.

I had to redo the app, because of the Comcast, pdf caveat. I did print out the first copy, so I could have scanned that back into the PC and emailed it, but they asked for an attachment, so I just redid it on my work laptop, saved it, then sent it with the copy of my ID.

Unless I'm wrong, I sign the application in person. One the application, the signature section is grayed out AND you can't tab over to it, like you can the other areas that must be completed.

Fingers crossed...
    Honey, sell my guns for what they're worth and not what I told you I paid for them.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234