Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: Effective may 1, 2018 - same day processing will no longer be available

Quote Originally Posted by PennStateCarry View Post
    As an update, the Sheriff's office got back to my question this morning and they said I was approved May 7th, a full day before my application was submitted, and that they called me twice to inform me it was ready for pickup. They also told me it was illegible so I would have to bring another copy in for them to process it and I only have until this Friday because the PICS check expires after 60 days. Needless to say, I'm not too thrilled especially since I can't make it between 8:30-12:30 this Thursday or Friday. My phone number is not illegible and if the whole document was illegible, as they claim, per their own guidelines they won't run a check... Welcome to Montco I guess
    You stated you submitted electronically, how could that have possibly been illegible?
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Effective may 1, 2018 - same day processing will no longer be available

Quote Originally Posted by bluetrane2028 View Post
    Someone's a fucking Stalinist troll.

There's a unified standard for how this is supposed to go. Montgomery does extra shit to make it worse. Don't get me started on Philadelphia.

It's all about the politics.
    what extra shit are they doing?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    what extra shit are they doing?
    For first time applicants, they make you do a "local police check form."

It entails (usually) paying an additional fee to the local police department (not in the law at all) so they can "investigate" you.

Without the check form, they make you wait the full 45 calendar days to get your LTCF.

It's a pay to play scheme and an additional illegal infringement.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by bluetrane2028 View Post
    For first time applicants, they make you do a "local police check form."

It entails (usually) paying an additional fee to the local police department (not in the law at all) so they can "investigate" you.

Without the check form, they make you wait the full 45 calendar days to get your LTCF.

It's a pay to play scheme and an additional illegal infringement.

That practice stopped several years ago. Try to keep up with things.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    You stated you submitted electronically, how could that have possibly been illegible?
    It's not an electronic form though. You have to print it out then fill it in by hand. I then scanned it and submitted it. If it was truly illegible, they could not have run the PICS check. I think they forgot to contact me and made up an excuse for the blunder. I sent a cropped picture of my contact number from the form to multiple people and each one could clearly read it.

In regard to Remington 788, I don't believe they are doing anything extra. I think they just messed mine up and won't admit they never called me and are trying to pass the buck to me and my "illegible" form. The only thing possibly consider extra would be their inconvenient hours. When I go back to second shift shortly that will be a non issue, so I will reapply then since my time window ends today and I can't get off to pick it up
    Opera Non Verba

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by PennStateCarry View Post
    It's not an electronic form though. You have to print it out then fill it in by hand. I then scanned it and submitted it. If it was truly illegible, they could not have run the PICS check. I think they forgot to contact me and made up an excuse for the blunder. I sent a cropped picture of my contact number from the form to multiple people and each one could clearly read it.

In regard to Remington 788, I don't believe they are doing anything extra. I think they just messed mine up and won't admit they never called me and are trying to pass the buck to me and my "illegible" form. The only thing possibly consider extra would be their inconvenient hours. When I go back to second shift shortly that will be a non issue, so I will reapply then since my time window ends today and I can't get off to pick it up
    I actually went to their site to check someting and they do have a 'fillable form' on their site. On my computer it comes up in a pdf viewer and is not, but when I move it to Adobe Acrobat reader, magic happens and it is!

The PIC s check needs to be re run, did they tell you they need a new form?
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Montgomery County)

20 minutes and 20.00 is all it took for me. Now they'll take a bit longer, I don't mind. They were courteous and professional, I couldn't ask for more. Spreading inaccuracies on this forum serves no constructive purpose any more than name calling.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    I actually went to their site to check someting and they do have a 'fillable form' on their site. On my computer it comes up in a pdf viewer and is not, but when I move it to Adobe Acrobat reader, magic happens and it is!

The PIC s check needs to be re run, did they tell you they need a new form?
    I didn't notice that, thanks! I will keep that in mind when I resubmit. They said I needed to bring in another form for the first time. I assume I need to bring it in for the second as well, but I did not ask.
    Opera Non Verba

(Montgomery County)

Although I would prefer same day, I had an excellent renewal experience. I emailed in the required forms and documentation. They emailed me back instructing me I could come in after 10 days to pick up unless I heard otherwise from them. 10 days later I showed up first thing in the morning and the gentleman I dealt with was very courteous and polite. my paperwork was ready as promised and I was out the door in less than 10 minutes.

Time was on my side as I was just inside my 60 day window for renewal. Had I been expired or down to the wire that 10 days may have felt way different.

Montco does not follow the law and will not issue to nonresidents. They are not gun friendly and have not been in many years.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast