Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Effective may 1, 2018 - same day processing will no longer be available

I called my sister-in-law a Puerto Rican once. ONCE! She's a proud American of Mexican descent, and did not appreciate either insult. Oh well, i laughed.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Effective may 1, 2018 - same day processing will no longer be available

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    I called my sister-in-law a Puerto Rican once. ONCE! She's a proud American of Mexican descent, and did not appreciate either insult. Oh well, i laughed.
    Tell her she's not Spanish, she's HISpanic. My dad thought me this trick to piss off Puerto Ricans when I was a kid.

I don't know if it works as well on Mehicans but it's worth a shot.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    New applicants or renewals too?
    Both. Does anybody have any idea how long this is currently taking? I moved into Montco recently and needed to change my address, but since my LTCF expires in about 6 months I figured I would simply renew. I submitted the paperwork May 8th and have not heard back. They are past 45 calendar days and have until the July 11th if we're counting business days.

Should I bother calling or wait to see if they go past 45 business days and get a lawyer?
    Opera Non Verba

(Montgomery County)

As an addendum, I submitted electronically (which they have an option for) because I wanted to ensure I had hard proof of my date of submission in case the paperwork was claimed to never have been submitted.
    Opera Non Verba

(Bucks County)

Is it possible Montco sees you were dishonest about your actual address for nearly 6 months and that is a basis for rejection? I don't mean to call you that, just wondering if that's the way they see it.
    Last edited by Bang; July 2nd, 2018 at 09:20 AM.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Is it possible Montco sees you were dishonest about your actual address for nearly 6 months and that is a basis for rejection?
    What do you mean? I didn't wait for it to expire; I submitted for a renewal instead of simply a change of address since they are the same form and I didn't want to go twice within 6 months.
    Opera Non Verba

(Montgomery County)

As an update, the Sheriff's office got back to my question this morning and they said I was approved May 7th, a full day before my application was submitted, and that they called me twice to inform me it was ready for pickup. They also told me it was illegible so I would have to bring another copy in for them to process it and I only have until this Friday because the PICS check expires after 60 days. Needless to say, I'm not too thrilled especially since I can't make it between 8:30-12:30 this Thursday or Friday. My phone number is not illegible and if the whole document was illegible, as they claim, per their own guidelines they won't run a check... Welcome to Montco I guess
    Opera Non Verba

(Montgomery County)

They must really not want Montgomery County residents to have LTCFs.

Wife got her call today that her renewal was ready. She was not informed that she could only pick it up between 8:30 and 12:30 and so was told to come back when she got there at 3.

Sheriff claims they don't have the manpower for same day.

Berks has a whole second office just for gun permits, in and out same day. Wish I still had my mailing address there. Nevermind the whole not having to pay the local police an additional charge to investigate yourself.

If they wanted more manpower, they would get it.

I should figure as much, the Sheriff is a Democrat.

I'm guessing the hope of this jackass Sheriff is if someone arrives at 11, there will be a line so when they come up to the counter at 12:31, they get told to leave.

(Montgomery County)

They do the best they can with what they are given and provide free firearms safety training to residents. They stick to the law. Stop whining with your political dribble.

(Montgomery County)

Someone's a fucking Stalinist troll.

There's a unified standard for how this is supposed to go. Montgomery does extra shit to make it worse. Don't get me started on Philadelphia.

It's all about the politics.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast