Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Columbia County)

Default Re: Anderson AR 15, anybody?

I’ve used several uppers and lowers for builds, no issues with any of them. I also used their lower parts kits and I feel the trigger quality and overall feel aren’t the best. My Stag lower parts kits feel significantly better.

I bought one from Cabelas as a training rifle. It is meh. The trigger has a weird and mechanical "click" on reset.

I have a red dot on it and I haven't shot it further than 50 yds so I can't really comment on accuracy.

(Philadelphia County)

Poverty pony! lol

(Northampton County)

I will jump on the pile and say I have used an anderson lower in my last build. I had no problems with it. Funny thing when I was at the LGS putting the part list together, there were several lowers to choose from. Some were $100+. I asked what the difference was and was told essentially that some guys just like a particular brand over another. They want that specific logo. All I know is that I built the rifle with zero issues and have had zero issues over about 1000 rounds.

I have one of their lowers on a pistol build because I wanted a serial number. No issue after several hundred rounds.
    I put one of their lower parts kit in a poly lower and other than a heavy trigger pull and odd reset it functions just fine.
    Not a bad deal for the price.

I built a 10.5 pistol out of an Anderson Lower and Upper (just for the name on the lower since Anderson is my last name).

I too had the issue of the pistol grip hole not being tapped deep enough. A quick frustrated trip to the local hardware store fixed that.

However, Anderson is notorious for another issue.

Out of spec buffer retaining hole/pin. This causes chatter marks on the face of the buffer.
    Here is a link to some pictures and a discussion:
    https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/Bu...ear/66-716351/

I only have about 300 rounds through mine and already see where it's hitting.
    The solution is to return it to Anderson (not really a solution for me) or buy an offset buffer retaining pin.

Here is another thread on this OUT OF SPEC issue.
    https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/An...tion/4-704244/

Checking mine I find it also out of spec.
    When closing the upper and lower the BCG DOES NOT push the buffer back. It should. This means every time it returns to battery it is hitting the buffer retaining pin thus, marring the face of the buffer.
    Also after only about 300 rounds I can already see slight chipping on mine.

Other than that, I'm happy with the lower and see no point in paying $100 for a lower.

Here is a link for a solution for those that may have this issue and don't want to fool with sending it in.
    http://commonbullets.com/wp/archives/1727

Though, this lets Anderson Manufacturing slide on buy producing shoddy lowers.
    I stated I was happy with mine it is simply because I have it and know what I have now.
    I will not buy another Anderson Lower unless the price point is still the same and they have fixed this... deficiency... Still can't see paying $100+ for one either though... lol

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123