Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Anderson AR 15, anybody?

Have an Anderson lower that I used for my pistol build. No issues with it. Nice quality.

(Bucks County)

This is interesting. I’ve been asking around in the circles I run, and so far the posts here echo what my informal survey suggested. Lots and lots of lowers used for builds, and only a few actual rifle owners. I did buy one last year during Black Friday sales. I have not touched it since I first bought it. Lubed it up and into the safe it went. I’m getting ready to do something with it, just not sure what. That’s the reason I started asking around. The few that I’ve talked to that had one, had no complaints.

(Allegheny County)

Most people don't get spendy on lowers because there's really not a lot that's dependent on the lower. It's just a chunk of metal that holds the trigger assembly in place and provides a point to mount the stock.

If funds are limited, you can take the money you saved by buying a $35 lower instead of a $100-$250 lower, and apply that to better quality parts that DO make a difference like triggers and barrels and bolt carrier groups.

That's my theory on why so many people have Anderson lowers.

That and the people who lived through the panic of 2012 and just buy cheap lowers whenever they have an extra couple bucks to squirrel them away for a rainy (or bloody) day.

(Clearfield County)

Like most others in the thread, I used an Anderson stripped lower in a build. I have nothing but good to say about it, everything right to spec and very happy with it.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by boeing299 View Post
    I built two rifles on stripped Anderson lowers. They both run great. Only issue was the holes for the grip screws weren't drilled and tapped deep enough. Easy fix. Just an annoyance.
    This is the only problem I've noticed with them also and I've put together my fair share of them over the last few years they are as good as any other lower on the market I have yet to find one with the holes out of spec.
    Every day's a Saturday

(Lycoming County)

I have several stripped lowers from them. No problems building them out with parts from multiple companies. Stressed one with a Slide Fire and light weight trigger and I have not had problems with any of them.

(Berks County)

I bought a complete Anderson rifle during a sale last year. Took it along on one range trip to check it out.

It went BANG. Ran about 4 mags of 30 through it and put it away. One day I'll have time to really test it.

(Susquehanna County)

My lower is an Anderson. So far so good!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by boeing299 View Post
    I built two rifles on stripped Anderson lowers. They both run great. Only issue was the holes for the grip screws weren't drilled and tapped deep enough. Easy fix. Just an annoyance.

Same thing here... have about a dozen Anderson lowers. All my Anderson lower builds have had no issues other than the pistol grip holes not being tapped deep enough. Easy fix with a 3/4" screw from amazon
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Bearded One View Post
    He's allowed because he's special.

I have sever one being a SBR piston driven and all I can say is I have had no problems. The piston gun runs very clean and very reliable.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast