Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    (Mercer County)

Default Re: School Walk Outs Planned in PA

Suspend (without pay for the rest of the school year) any teacher that walks out of the class room. They are being paid to educate not to promote political views to a captive audience (the students).
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!

(Allegheny County)

Great day to play hooky from work and take the kids to the range!
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by MOUNTAINORACLE View Post
    Suspend (without pay for the rest of the school year) any teacher that walks out of the class room. They are being paid to educate not to promote political views to a captive audience (the students).

For real? Were you Home Schooled? My Teachers were constantly harping on "Current Events". Growing up it was "The scourge of Drug Abuse". At recess Kids were outside in the parking lot sharing their "cool experiences" while getting lit up. I remember it in sixth grade in the 1970s. By the time I reached High School only "weirdos" didn't "party".

I bet gun friendly kids are treated like crap. I used to discuss hunting or target shooting. We all did it under Adult Supervision. Today such talk will get you a visit in the Principal's Office. I know it for a fact.

One School Teacher told me that "We need to identify kids who do not comply as a risk. They need to be identified as at risk adults. They need to get a record that will prevent them from purchasing firearms in the future".

He was mainly talking about violent kids. When I pushed the issue he admitted "We view kids who do not comply in class as 'at risk'".

What does 'at risk' mean? Is it being a hoodlum or just refusing to follow the Party Line? I guess both.

Some of our schools are like the Soviet Union.

I endured this crap in University. You tell the Professors what they want to hear. You do what you need to do. You get your Paper. You go away.

When you're finished you detest their crap even more than when you started. I had Math and English professors lecturing about "guns". What did guns have to do with those topics? Nothing. So what?

Teachers always try to impart "values". Mostly their own "values". They consider such "work" to be "education".
    Last edited by GeneCC; March 14th, 2018 at 07:17 AM.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by nfafan View Post
    Great day to play hooky from work and take the kids to the range!
    Kids talk amongst themselves. The kids who went to the Range will talk. They will be singled out. You don't do that to a kid. Take them to the range some other day.

I'd spend the day with Junior talking about how they're going to cope with the Group Think. How they have to stay silent because this is a hostile and irrational world. This gives them a good Life Lesson.

It's not deceit to refuse to talk. It's not wrong to keep your opinions to yourself sometimes.

"You didn't go the Rally. What did you do?"

"Hung out with my parents. We talked about stuff".

"Oh?"

"Did you have a good time at the Rally?"

"We just hung out. Yelled when the Teachers asked us to yell.".

"Sounds boring"

"A lot of us played video games. Pissed off the teachers".

I went to University back when having guns was already a problem. My professors despised gun owners and the NRA. I would sit with my concealed pistol listening to their rants, knowing if I admitted what I was doing I would get expelled without reimbursement. I never sweated it. Why?

The Professors believed in Rules. The Rules said "No Guns", so there were no guns.

Talkers talk. Ranters rant.

Doers do.

Quote Originally Posted by MOUNTAINORACLE View Post

The news said it wasnt going to be political

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by GeneCC View Post
    Orange is the color that Prisoners wear. I wonder if Everytown for Personal Disarmament pondered that fact?
    Sadly it's also the uniform of Search and Rescue. Hmmm impersonating a public official????

I had the idea...if I were a teacher and my school wasn't punishing these brats...I'd give a BIG test that's a large portion of the grade at 10:00 a.m. this morning, Their choice, stay and take the test or walk out and fail, possibly for the year. No makeups.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    I had the idea...if I were a teacher and my school wasn't punishing these brats...I'd give a BIG test that's a large portion of the grade at 10:00 a.m. this morning, Their choice, stay and take the test or walk out and fail, possibly for the year. No makeups.
    Beautiful!

Must spread rep 'tho.

(Chester County)

So it is OK to have our Real Estate, and Property Taxes that fund schools used to promote a Democrat political agenda in which we don't agree? Maybe we should stop paying them.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    So it is OK to have our Real Estate, and Property Taxes that fund schools used to promote a Democrat political agenda in which we don't agree? Maybe we should stop paying them.
    Yep....that is just what is going on here.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast