Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: School Walk Outs Planned in PA

Quote Originally Posted by IIIIIREPOIIIII View Post
    The public are sheep there's nothing much we can do about that as for the two guys or more what's the difference between what they're doing and what the kids are doing when it comes to the first and second amendment their voice in their voices for the First Amendment we're showing our support for the Second Amendment.
    You asked whats the difference between what the kids are doing and what you propose the two guys do, Nothing they are both worthless forms of expression that will not further their causes and only invite derision. Both would be a fart in the wind the only difference is the antis will screw with the gun owners with impunity.

(Allegheny County)

We had a school walk out once when I was in high school.
    I have no recollection of what it was about and I know that 99.99% of those who were "protesting" were laughing and playing and just happy to be involved with getting out of class for a half hour or so.
    No other reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Only a nitwit would want a seat on a school board...I know you have good intentions but it is a horrible position. You are, however, free to attend the next public school board meeting, step up to their microphone and voice your opinion.
    They are there to school your kids in academics, not politics.
    I know. They all cross-file, which I HATE, so no one can tell which party they're from. I did some digging, I found some Dems, I think cross-filing is dishonest and they're trying to hide something. I wouldn't do that and I'd probably go after the ohers for doing it.

I think parents would love me, but they'd absolutely hate me on the school board and in administration. I'd be there to clean up and kick butts.

I was fuming, and I guess taking the Trump approach "I'll only run if it gets bad enough that I have to".

I'll tell you what, security training will be better than ever under me.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Lancaster County)

At least this identifies which superintendents that need to be fired. Every single one that praises this needs to go.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

Quote Originally Posted by DennisH82 View Post
    You asked whats the difference between what the kids are doing and what you propose the two guys do, Nothing they are both worthless forms of expression that will not further their causes and only invite derision. Both would be a fart in the wind the only difference is the antis will screw with the gun owners with impunity.
    In my mind and in my eyes the antis are driving over us with a dump truck with impunity already so I don't see how it could get worse.

(Lehigh County)

So all these schools could just circumvent the issue with a walkout by simply scheduling a fire drill for that time, and keeping the kids outside for 17 minutes. That way all students get to "participate", and the few don't necessarily disrupt the many.

I know in our schools we have to have fire drills at least once a month. Just seems like a simple solution to the whole ordeal.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by sakustoms View Post
    So all these schools could just circumvent the issue with a walkout by simply scheduling a fire drill for that time, and keeping the kids outside for 17 minutes. That way all students get to "participate", and the few don't necessarily disrupt the many.

I know in our schools we have to have fire drills at least once a month. Just seems like a simple solution to the whole ordeal.
    ---I guess by publishing their intentions they simply made an announcement stating when and where they will be left to their own demise in a wide open, outdoor space....Dumb...Real dumb!
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by sakustoms View Post

Oh the media would love that...EVERY KID participated in protesting guns! That's how they'd report it.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    Or even a Pop Tart chewed in the shape of a gun. Heads will explode!
    Pick up a few handfuls of casings from the range....sprinkle judiciously by the school....."The Horror.....The Horror"

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 2DogsBarking View Post
    Pick up a few handfuls of casings from the range....sprinkle judiciously by the school....."The Horror.....The Horror"
    Some of these ideas aren't really productive.

How about high school shooting teams?

Or take a kid to the range days?

Any way to pass out of have pamphlets for the kids?

What about meeting at local libraries to talk about firearm safety and the positive aspects of firearm ownership?

We have to reach these kids and present them with a fair and level foundation and let them make an informed decision.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast