Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Default Re: School Walk Outs Planned in PA

I received an email from my school's super on Tuesday. They're not letting them leave the building but they can walk to the gym and sit there for 17 minutes. I was pissed. I hit reply and of course she used a "no-reply" address to send it, so I looked her up and e-mailed her.

I told her I was disappointed, reminded her they do not have 1A rights in a classroom, told her who was behind the crap (with link to back up) and of course told her my kids won't be participating. I also said if it was REALLY about a remembrance for lost students, I'd understand but this is a political stunt by some VERY bad people.

The reply: one sentence saying "I appreciate your concerns but the students safety is our main concern".

I was even more pissed after that, but didn't respond again because I don't want any crap for my kids or people I know who work there.

If they were REALLY concerned about the kids' safety, keep them in the damn classroom, not walking around and out of class!

I am tempted to run for school board someday and run her out of the district.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    I received an email from my school's super on Tuesday. They're not letting them leave the building but they can walk to the gym and sit there for 17 minutes. I was pissed. I hit reply and of course she used a "no-reply" address to send it, so I looked her up and e-mailed her.

I told her I was disappointed, reminded her they do not have 1A rights in a classroom, told her who was behind the crap (with link to back up) and of course told her my kids won't be participating. I also said if it was REALLY about a remembrance for lost students, I'd understand but this is a political stunt by some VERY bad people.

The reply: one sentence saying "I appreciate your concerns but the students safety is our main concern".

I was even more pissed after that, but didn't respond again because I don't want any crap for my kids or people I know who work there.

If they were REALLY concerned about the kids' safety, keep them in the damn classroom, not walking around and out of class!

I am tempted to run for school board someday and run her out of the district.
    Only a nitwit would want a seat on a school board...I know you have good intentions but it is a horrible position. You are, however, free to attend the next public school board meeting, step up to their microphone and voice your opinion.
    They are there to school your kids in academics, not politics.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Like I said before there's an easy way to combat this one or two guys get together go to a school open carry an AR with a sign in your hand (ON THE SIDEWALK OR ACROSS THE STREET) and the school is going to lock down and the kids won't be able to leave the school. Problem solved

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by IIIIIREPOIIIII View Post
    Like I said before there's an easy way to combat this one or two guys get together go to a school open carry an AR with a sign in your hand (ON THE SIDEWALK OR ACROSS THE STREET) and the school is going to lock down and the kids won't be able to leave the school. Problem solved
    That would definitely not work out well for the two guys and would set us even further back in the eyes of the public.

Quote Originally Posted by DennisH82 View Post
    That would definitely not work out well for the two guys and would set us even further back in the eyes of the public.
    The public are sheep there's nothing much we can do about that as for the two guys or more what's the difference between what they're doing and what the kids are doing when it comes to the first and second amendment their voice in their voices for the First Amendment we're showing our support for the Second Amendment.

(Berks County)

Drive by in the wee hours and toss out a black squirt gun in a paper bag nearby, that outta take care of it.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Drive by in the wee hours and toss out a black squirt gun in a paper bag nearby, that outta take care of it.
    Or even a Pop Tart chewed in the shape of a gun. Heads will explode!

(Bucks County)

Now they're using our tax dollars for blatant propaganda for the extreme left's agenda....this is BS! I assume if the kids wanted to walk out of class in protest to the hundred plus million killed after guns were banned, the administration would call them "radical terrorists". BTW, there's no mention of how OUR government dropped the ball over 50X...Also no mention of the "Promise act" which deters schools from charging troubled kids or referring them to the police----No mention that "child protection" services were alerted numerous times with no action taken---last, no mention of the crazed evil idiot, just "sensible BS reform".
    Last edited by mikelets456; March 9th, 2018 at 02:24 PM.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Parents have the option of telling their kids to stay their ass in class. Everybody wins.

And there's the problem - not enough parents - too may "friends".

Be a parent to your child. Being their "friend" does nothing good for them in the end.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    And there's the problem - not enough parents - too may "friends".

Be a parent to your child. Being their "friend" does nothing good for them in the end.
    My peers, for the most part were totally AFRAID of their kids being mad at them, so would always try to appease them, and be there friend. That isn't the role of a PARENT. My step son often did not "like" me, but today he knows why.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast