Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

Default Re: School Walk Outs Planned in PA

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    How many of these kids would have joined the protest if it were held AFTER school hours?
    Many didn't want to join even DURING school.

Also:

Student Carrying ‘Trump’ Flag Assaulted Outside School
    http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2018/0...-flag-assault/

AND

Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

In TN:

students tore down flag, jumped on cop car, Tennessee police say
    http://www.kentucky.com/news/nation-...35894.html#fmp

Some positives though:

New Jersey school district plans on punishing students who participated in walkouts
    http://thehill.com/homenews/state-wa...o-participated
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Lancaster County)

Prayer service in school? I won't hold my breath for the atheists to file suit.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Students attending the protests from Northeast Philly were caught and recorded throwing rocks, ice, bottles, etc at people and cars yesterday. I have received text messages from friends in high school saying they were forced to attend walkouts that are too numerous to count. My alma mater forced students to sit through "discussions" on the USCCB response to Parkland. The indoctrination and bias involved in all of this is excessive. So much so that former classmates and acquaintances that i was in highschool with a year ago and was somewhat close with have called me a murderer for owning an AR 15. These schools allow that to happen but if someone fights back against a bully, the person who stands up is punished. Its is all backwards and getting worse exponentially. It was not anywhere near this bad a year ago.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by SCARshooter View Post
    Students attending the protests from Northeast Philly were caught and recorded throwing rocks, ice, bottles, etc at people and cars yesterday. I have received text messages from friends in high school saying they were forced to attend walkouts that are too numerous to count. My alma mater forced students to sit through "discussions" on the USCCB response to Parkland. The indoctrination and bias involved in all of this is excessive. So much so that former classmates and acquaintances that i was in highschool with a year ago and was somewhat close with have called me a murderer for owning an AR 15. These schools allow that to happen but if someone fights back against a bully, the person who stands up is punished. Its is all backwards and getting worse exponentially. It was not anywhere near this bad a year ago.
    Meh, just normal behavior for down there.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    How many of these kids would have joined the protest if it were held AFTER school hours?
    One or two,.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    Thank you for the quick response. It is very much appreciated.​

While I applaud the students' enthusiasm in supporting a national cause, I am concerned about the message that is intended to be conveyed at this assembly. If the message is one of condolences and support for the those who were killed, that is an admirable display of sympathy. If the intent is to rally the students around an anti-gun agenda, then I am opposed to the assembly in its entirety.

We live in an area in which hunting and firearms ownership is a closely held and fundamental part of the belief system of many of the students' families. Depending on the tone of your assembly, it is quite possible that those students who come from families such as this will be openly castigated and discriminated against and I personally believe that this is inappropriate for the school to encourage as it sends an improper message to the students. This would be especially true if the timbre of the assembly resembled that of the CNN Town Hall meeting that aired shortly after the shooting. This wasn't a "conversation" on the topic. It was an open assault on a segment of the population who believes that lawful gun ownership is a right. I certainly wouldn't want any of the kids on the school's Rifle Team to feel that they were being scorned for participating in a lawful school activity. Two of the things that attracted us to locate in SD was the fact that the school not only supported an orchestra, but a rifle team as well. And, while our daughters have only participated in the orchestra, the knowledge that the administration supports maintaining a rifle team speaks volumes about the quality and rationality of the school administrators and board members as a whole.

I thank you for your time and your consideration. If you feel the need to discuss the topic further, I will be available this evening after 5:30 by phone at 570)XXXXXXX. I'll even treat you to a cup of coffee at a local diner if you're interested.

Respectfully,
    Your local high school has a rifle team? Good for them! I was born, raised and still live in Montgomery County (but also have a place in Pike) and all the local high schools had rifle teams. We would compete against each other. I was the captain of mine.

Of course that was way back in the mid-70's. The libs that moved in from Philly put a stop to that! (It's funny how they abandon the city because generations of Democratic administrations ruined it, yet they continue to vote for the same kind of politicians in Montgomery County.)

I always wondered what happened to the rifles. We had eight beautiful Winchester Model 52's with Redfield Olympic sights and Freeman X Tubes. They'd probably be worth at least a grand each today. Some idiot probably had them destroyed.

I think it’s funny that schools across the nation are doing this(public schools who receive federal funds). Meanwhile, the administrations are probably not having their September 17, Constitution day, as prescribed by public law.

They look at the bill of rights as a list that you can cross out the ones you don’t like. While in actuality, it’s a set of building blocks, that when you remove one, the rest fall over time.

This shit makes my blood boil.

(Chester County)

Anybody else hear what the Governor of South Carolina said about the school walkouts. Heard a small bit how he calls out the left for involving the kids in their scheming agenda. Can't find anything on it now but he was right on with his take on it.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bilky View Post
    I think it’s funny that schools across the nation are doing this(public schools who receive federal funds). Meanwhile, the administrations are probably not having their September 17, Constitution day, as prescribed by public law.

They look at the bill of rights as a list that you can cross out the ones you don’t like. While in actuality, it’s a set of building blocks, that when you remove one, the rest fall over time.

This shit makes my blood boil.
    I had no idea what you were talking about so I looked it up.

First of all, I have never heard of "Constitution Day" - ever.
    I assume what you are referring to is the law enacted in 2004. (20 years after I graduated BTW)

Interesting.

Learned something new.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast