Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Default Re: School Walk Outs Planned in PA

Find out who/what/when/where took $$$ from the group that pushed all this.

Whole thing is grounds for a class action suit if the students were "told/ordered"
    a slow death awaits you,but not before love reminds you that there is good in you

(Bucks County)

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by GeneCC View Post
    For real? Were you Home Schooled? My Teachers were constantly harping on "Current Events". Growing up it was "The scourge of Drug Abuse". At recess Kids were outside in the parking lot sharing their "cool experiences" while getting lit up. I remember it in sixth grade in the 1970s. By the time I reached High School only "weirdos" didn't "party".

I bet gun friendly kids are treated like crap.
    My schooling in the late '60's and early '70's, was done in Nam; I was on my second tour in Nam & being called a "baby killer" by some school teachers that used teaching as way to avoid the draft and the drug smoking flower children as the beatnik era had run its course. As to my schooling started first grade in '48 in a small rural school grades 1, 2, and 3 in one class room same teacher. Grades 4, 5, 6 same class room same teacher; From grade 7 to 12 students rotated to different classrooms and were schooled by different teachers. My graduating class was biggest on record 19 total.

We walked to school (no buses), rode our bikes, and after age 16 drive cars, trucks, or cycles to school. I and most boys carried a pocket knife to school with no problems from staff, differences were settled during recess with a fist fight, the teacher used the board of education frequently and suspension were rarely used. I was able to take a shotgun to school at age 16+, store it in a closet in the principals office, pick it after school and hunt small game on the way home.

School was for teaching the 3 Rs and not to advance a political ideals.
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!

Hopefully they're just eager to answer a question, but I have the feeling they're being organized and brainwashed by fascists who want to disarm the population too.

Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

The signage is getting very lazy too.

What kind of gun is this?

Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Montgomery County)

As an update, I got to observe the whole walk out at the high school where I work. I was responsible for bringing the kids 17 tables and setting up the sound system for them in our stadium. I figured it was just going to be a memorial for the kids and staff who were killed. The kids taped (with duct tape I gave them) bios and pictures of each of the latest victims at each of the tables. The wind was brutal. Anyways, they asked me for an 18th table, so I brought it to them. I didn't know at the time, but they had someone come to help sign up students who were old enough to vote for the next election... of course, they made this announcement after a spokesperson from CeaseFire PA gave a rambling, disjointed, and highly emotive speech calling each student to vote against anyone who doesn't support tougher gun regulation. I have never seen something so political and partisan at a secondary school. It disgusted me. Is it even legal to present something like this with no counterbalance using taxpayer funds in schools?

As an aside, a kid decided it would be funny to pull the fire alarm as 500 plus students were walking back into the school around 11. The police were not amused.
    Opera Non Verba

(Chester County)

I don’t have any kids but I imagine if I ever do, I will be very vocal at the school board meetings.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

but but but... Trump is Hitler according to these folks.

I am so confused.
    a slow death awaits you,but not before love reminds you that there is good in you

Anyways, they asked me for an 18th table, so I brought it to them. I didn't know at the time, but they had someone come to help sign up students who were old enough to vote for the next election... of course, they made this announcement after a spokesperson from CeaseFire PA gave a rambling, disjointed, and highly emotive speech calling each student to vote against anyone who doesn't support tougher gun regulation. I have never seen something so political and partisan at a secondary school. It disgusted me. Is it even legal to present something like this with no counterbalance using taxpayer funds in schools?

whoa..

(Bucks County)

Man oh man, I'm on a Pennsbury school parents FB page and they are freaking NUTS! They think this is not political, even though every link I show it is...then when I ask if it would be okay if kids walked out and had the school's support for an "anti-abortion" walk out, would you accept that? I get responses of "Stop pushing your beliefs on me.....you're so obtuse, you make no sense etc". I'm sorry, but there's no rationalizing with this 20/30 something generation. I'm patient and use facts, but it does not mean anything. As long as "their god", the school, pushes their agenda, they think it's fine. Unbelievable.....
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast