Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Wolf On Gun Reform: 'Let’s Stop Saying It’s Hard And Actually Get Moving On This'

Look at the wall, do you see what i see?

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Wolf On Gun Reform: 'Let’s Stop Saying It’s Hard And Actually Get Moving On This'

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    We COULD, if the state republican party can set aside petty self interests and be unified behind the absolute best candidate that stands a chance in the general election. Sort of a state version of the 2016 presidential election.

But if there's a half dozen candidates in the republican primary and a strongly right candidate wins, he or she won't stand a chance in November with SEPA, Allegheny County, and Centre County. The republican candidate needs to be somewhat centrist to pick up democrap votes to make it happen.

Noah
    I'm not entirely convinced of that. McCain and Romney lost PA, yet Trump didn't.

(Lancaster County)

While we're at the rally in April, maybe we should bring a bag of dicks for him.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    While we're at the rally in April, maybe we should bring a bag of dicks for him.
    In a Dicks Sporting Goods bag.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

I think that before Wolf uses the same dynamic that let Dems and Republicans work together to fix the opioid crisis, we ought to see if they can actually fix the opioid crisis. Or anything else. Mostly, govt CAUSES problems, it doesn't solve them.

Repeating failed techniques is pointless; worse, depriving law-abiding citizens of some of their freedoms should be a last resort, done only when all other possible efforts have failed and the deprivation will narrowly target the problem, and we have solid reasons for believing that it will work in a large, diverse country like ours.

Banning 20 million guns because a dozen lunatics used them illegally is a bad precedent to set; we'd have to ban all the cars to solve the "highway death" crisis, and ban all cell phones for the same reason; then we'd have to ban all child adoptions because of the thousands of abused adoptees.

If the rule is "zero tolerance", then we can't allow 325 million Americans to do anything at all, because they routinely die on the ski slopes and after drinking alcohol and while swimming and falling down stairs, they choke on steak or fall off ladders, they have heart attacks during sex. Ban stairs before the next child trips and dies. We can all live in single-story homes with rounded edges, and shuffle slowly to work in soft rubber shoes after gumming a soft, govt-prescribed breakfast. No smoking, no alcohol, no spicy foods or fatty meat or salty foods. We can all live like Muslims or mentally deficient Mormons, but without the religious underpinnings.

The end result of "banning everything that results in occasional deaths" is that we all live like prisoners or invalids or children. And we'll wear mandatory locking padded mittens with GPS tracking so that we stop killing each other with hands and/or feet, which the FBI reports cause more deaths every year than all rifles and shotguns combined, including AR-15's.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Montgomery County)

How about before passing new, and useless legislation, we enforce what already exists on the books. How about instead of treating the symptom, which is guns(similar to how the drug is the symptom(the how) not the cause(the why) of an addiction) we treat the causes of why these violent individuals exist. There is more than enough research out there proving guns are not the cause, but that poverty, medicating, "everyone is a winner", attack on "boys", "snitches get stitches", and more are the real problem. I am proud to say that in middle school, I PREVENTED a possible shooting by actually going to the proper adults after hearing the threat. The Police actually did their damn job. He was my first friend, and told me not to go to school the following day because of what he was gonna do, so I would stay safe. I was having NONE of that. He was mad, and told me he was kidding after he found out, but he knew he was in the wrong, so he didn't garner any harsh feelings.

THAT would have prevented every shooting. If someone who actually knew or suspected a threat, or followed up on what is already law, we would not be having this discussion by now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12