Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Free GOA Gift Memberships Available For PAFOA Members That Have Never Joined GOA

Berncly, not sure why I never looked at this post before now, but this is a wonderful gesture. Thank you.

Already a member but the more the merrier.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Free GOA Gift Memberships Available For PAFOA Members That Have Never Joined GOA

Quote Originally Posted by glocknurse View Post
    I can't find them. I did a search and all I got was "Gun Owners Foundation" any idea what I'm doing wrong?
    The Gun Owners Foundation (GOF) is the foundation of the Gun Owners of America (GOA).
    The GOA home page (https://gunowners.org/) screen shot below has the GOF circled (upper right) and the 'Amazon Smile' link circled (bottom right).
    Supporting the GOF is the same as supporting the GOA.
    Thank you very much for helping support and defend our Second Amendment rights.
    Bern-

GOA Page.jpg
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by marketermac View Post
    From some quick searching, 'Gun Owners Foundation' is the same as 'Gun Owners of America':

https://www.gunowners.com/8-general

Also just signed up for GOA myself. I put it off for far too long, but was inspired by this thread to finally jump in.

I am a member of two (now, thanks to Bercly, three) clubs or organizations, AOPA (Airplane Owners and Pilots Association), NRA and now GOA. They all have PAC's, which include their name but add 'Foundation' to their name. Anytime I see that word 'Foundation' I suspect some sort of political action committee.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Chester County)

Add another for becoming a life member of the GOA. (Technically I did it last month)
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

(Lackawanna County)

I just joined GOA. I even paid for it myself.

Thanks, Berncly, but I've decided to pay for my own membership. I don't want to be accused of being a freeloading Democrat!!

(Delaware County)

Class act bro.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

They are going to need all the financial help they can get so if your on the fence then get off a join or donate.

Gun Owners of America Readies Lawsuit Against Trump’s Bump Stock Gun Control

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...k-gun-control/

[size=12pt]Gun Owners of America is preparing to file a lawsuit once the Trump administration puts bump stock gun control in place.
    On March 10, 2018, Breitbart News reported that the Department of Justice was finalizing its bump stock ban. It will center on a redefinition of the term “machine gun” in order to allow regulatory action against firearm accessories that do not convert semiautomatic firearms in automatics.

In other words, the term “machine gun” will cover machine guns and non-machine guns, conversion devices that turn semiautomatics into automatics as well as firearm accessories, like bump stocks, that do not.

On January 23, 2018, Breitbart News reported that former ATF Gun Tech Chief Rick Vasquez warned that re-working and re-defining terms to achieve a bump stock ban will lead to other bans. He explained that ATF was, at that time, handling the initial phase of formulating the ban. He told the Military Arms Channel the ban would be “a regulation with the strength of a law.” He said it will ban “any device that automatically resets a firearm and enhances the rate of fire,” and warned that such an approach would be “extremely broad.”

He observed, “They are trying to target binary triggers, [bump stock] devices, and other devices, but that is such broad language, can I take that to a Gatling gun? … So now you start stretching this [new] definition, and who is going to decide what the [standard] rate of fire is?”

Vasquez’s warnings came roughly two weeks after Gun Owners of America (GOA) warned that the Trump administration’s bump stock gun control would lead to other controls. They suggested that an ATF powerful enough to arbitrarily redefine words so as to ban legal firearm accessories is an ATF that will not stop with bump stocks. They predicted that another crisis could lead to another redefinition which would allow the ATF to swoop in for magazines and aftermarket triggers too.

GOA executive director Erich Pratt told Breitbart News:

GOA is committed to fighting any regulation or ban on bump stocks. This issue goes far beyond stocks, because regulating devices that allegedly increase the rate of fire of a firearm can eventually be applied to match triggers, magazines or semi-automatic firearms. In essence, a bump stock ban opens the door to regulate and ban commonly-owned firearms and firearm parts. A ban on bump stocks would have huge implications for the exercise of our gun rights, and that is why GOA is already looking ahead to a lawsuit challenging the regulation.

GOA is pledging to file a lawsuit against bump stock gun control as soon as it is enacted.[/size]
    I know where I am sending my money next paycheck.

(Montgomery County)

^^^^^^^ Exactly.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    They are going to need all the financial help they can get so if your on the fence then get off a join or donate.

Gun Owners of America Readies Lawsuit Against Trump’s Bump Stock Gun Control

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...k-gun-control/

I know where I am sending my money next paycheck.
    The very second that I have to start sending extra money to help the GOA lawsuit is the very second that I make my 2020 Presidential voting decision.
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Berks County)

Berncly, just wanted to thank you again for the gift membership and let you know that, as promised, I've signed my wife up for a membership, too. Going forward, we'll both be annual members! And once I'm done paying off my NRA Life membership, I'll start paying off a Life Membership for the GOA.

Thanks, again! Let's stay in the fight!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast