Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Free GOA Gift Memberships Available For PAFOA Members That Have Never Joined GOA

Great cause, this thread convinced me to join GOA a few weeks ago. You guys are awesome!

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Free GOA Gift Memberships Available For PAFOA Members That Have Never Joined GOA

I don't know if this has already been answered, but is there an age requirement for the GOA? Can a minor get a membership? If not, what can I do to help the 2A cause?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by westscoutguy View Post
    I don't know if this has already been answered, but is there an age requirement for the GOA? Can a minor get a membership? If not, what can I do to help the 2A cause?
    There is no age requirement.
    The GOA is dedicated to protecting the Second Amendment, there is no age requirement to protect your Constitutional rights.
    Please sign up, and if you can, please encourage your friends to do the same.
    If you bring in a bunch of your friends looking for GOA memberships I will make sure there are enough to go around.
    Bern-
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

This thread is really great to hear/read. I joined GOA and the NRA in February and became more active with contacting elected officials. Yes, I don't expect much on this topic from my NJ senators, but at least my House rep is a republican. And they all still need to hear from their constituents.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    There is no age requirement.
    The GOA is dedicated to protecting the Second Amendment, there is no age requirement to protect your Constitutional rights.
    Please sign up, and if you can, please encourage your friends to do the same.
    If you bring in a bunch of your friends looking for GOA memberships I will make sure there are enough to go around.
    Bern-
    Class act.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    This thread is really great to hear/read. I joined GOA and the NRA in February and became more active with contacting elected officials. Yes, I don't expect much on this topic from my NJ senators, but at least my House rep is a republican. And they all still need to hear from their constituents.
    It is always important to note that contacting your anti gun elected representatives is as important, or more important, than contacting your pro gun representatives.

A silent constituency is interpreted by elected representatives as approval, acceptance, or indifference.
    The silent response emboldens anti gun representatives to become even more egregious with their lust for power and the destruction of our civil rights.
    Our pro gun correspondence keeps these bad actors on notice that we are always watching, and we will not remain passive as they trample on our Constitutional rights.

While they may seem to ignore us, they are in fact nervous that our constant involvement always has the potential to awaken the silent majority.
    An aware and fully engaged constituency is the anti gun representative's greatest fear, since they know that this will result in their inevitable defeat and ejection from office.

So please always correspond with your elected officials regardless of their stated positions on guns or other matters.
    Your involvement is much more important than you may realize.

Bern-
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Berks County)

How long does it take to get the info on the membership? Has anyone received theirs yet?
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    It is always important to note that contacting your anti gun elected representatives is as important, or more important, than contacting your pro gun representatives.

A silent constituency is interpreted by elected representatives as approval, acceptance, or indifference.
    The silent response emboldens anti gun representatives to become even more egregious with their lust for power and the destruction of our civil rights.
    Our pro gun correspondence keeps these bad actors on notice that we are always watching, and we will not remain passive as they trample on our Constitutional rights.

While they may seem to ignore us, they are in fact nervous that our constant involvement always has the potential to awaken the silent majority.
    An aware and fully engaged constituency is the anti gun representative's greatest fear, since they know that this will result in their inevitable defeat and ejection from office.

So please always correspond with your elected officials regardless of their stated positions on guns or other matters.
    Your involvement is much more important than you may realize.

Bern-
    I couldn't agree more and thanks again for the membership.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunowner99 View Post
    How long does it take to get the info on the membership? Has anyone received theirs yet?
    I haven't received any papers yet but I do get Emails from them so I suspect that it's in the works.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by Gunowner99 View Post
    There was an issue with the initial batch of new gift memberships, and it's being worked on to link up everyone's correct mailing address with their name. At the moment, I'm getting a lot of USPS mail from GOA to my office, so I need to get them to fix it.

GOA should have the correct email for every new member, and at least 16 of 17 requests were sent in and paid for, with 3 additional requests pending in the last 2 days.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Berks County)

You the man, thank you!
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast