Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (York County)

Default Re: Harrisburg gun show March 10th & 11th - dauphin county

i handy been to this show in years as the last time i was there, it was 500 tables and nothing was of interest. i went back today and should have kept the $12 in my pocket. 60% of the show was flea market junk, tables selling raffle tickets, and junk. the promoters need to do a much better job jurying the show. get some actual gun vendors in there!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by old greybeard View Post
    I thought the show was disappointing. We always hear the jerky jokes, but 50% of this show was crap, and it was small. It was almost exciting when you found a table with guns on it.
    Not many tables, and they had a huge crowd.
    The promoters need to do a better job.
    This is what I commonly hear about Harrisburg.

I went once last summer (July?) - and it was actually half decent. Most tables had guns (or at least was gun-oriented). Some prices weren't as stupid as Oaks too.

(Cumberland County)

I have always been happy with the show, this time a bit disappointing as I mentioned. You always have to shop for deals, but I had to shop a lot harder this time. And yes, very low table count and more "junk" than usual Some dealers were trying to capitalize on the climate and asking crazy prices. One guy had a Colt All American 2000 ( remember those - Raxar, you will want to shield your eyes after what I bought yours off of you for - lol ) with a reduced price of $650 marked down from $789! Shockwaves many places over $400, and so on. But then there were the vendors that had honest pricing. The vendor I bought my Beretta PX4 Storm carbine off of had a line of 9+ waiting for background checks just a few hours after open - he had very good pricing ( first aisle just a couple tables in from the entrance ). I love the Harrisburg shows for sure - they always get a fair share of criticism, but are usually pretty decent - this one was disappointing though - even though I came home with several great deals as did my buddy who I met there.
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Chester County)

These shows wax and wane, and this one is definitely waning. Remember when this show was held in the large hall, with several hundred tables, and you could find almost anything? Those days are long gone. I gave up on this show 3 or 4 years ago - it is a 75 mile drive from my house. The Oaks show has taken over the mantle of "best gun show in eastern PA". The king is dead, long live the king!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by old greybeard View Post
    I thought the show was disappointing. We always hear the jerky jokes, but 50% of this show was crap, and it was small. It was almost exciting when you found a table with guns on it.
    Not many tables, and they had a huge crowd.
    The promoters need to do a better job.

Is this a northeast thing regarding unrelated crap at gun shows? Last month I was in Myrtle Beach, S.C. and went to a gun show. Between 3 and 4 hundred tables, all gun related. No jerky, pickles , or velvet pictures of elvis.

(Dauphin County)

I went with my wife and little one on Sunday. I had to make a deal with her that I wouldn't even ask to buy anything. It's unfortunate though because I found a decent Taurus PT-1911 for $369. It was the only gun I handled and if my wife hadn't been there or wouldn't have wanted to kill me for buying another gun I would have bought it. I've been eyeing 1911's for awhile now and as much as I want the Colt I looked at not too long ago, I can't justify paying $1000 for it.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by spandexlurch View Post
    I went with my wife and little one on Sunday. I had to make a deal with her that I wouldn't even ask to buy anything. It's unfortunate though because I found a decent Taurus PT-1911 for $369. It was the only gun I handled and if my wife hadn't been there or wouldn't have wanted to kill me for buying another gun I would have bought it. I've been eyeing 1911's for awhile now and as much as I want the Colt I looked at not too long ago, I can't justify paying $1000 for it.
    That's what business cards are for! In case he is not based too far away.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123