Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Butler County)

Default Re: S&W M&P 15-22 Banned by Appleseed - defective & dangerous?

Hi Scruff,

I'll probably be working any event you would be attending and will gladly lend you and others a rifle for the shoot. If anyone needs a loaner contact the Shootboss to be sure there will be one waiting for you.

The bottom line is someone got hurt on our firing line. Thankfully it was minor AND they weren't sue happy or there would be no more Project Appleseed.

Appleseed is a large and all volunteer organization. The internal issues are going better from what I can tell. We can use the help, come out and shoot score and become an instructor. If you can't shoot score or just not comfortable instructing the Blue hat volunteers help promote, do administrative task like check in and other invaluable things to help out. I took my hat December of 2012 so I've seen a lot happen with the program.

Please come out and help bail out USS America, get people off the couch and involved in their communities and government, learn a little Heritage and have a great weekend with like minded people.

Appleseed is also a CMP affiliate so it qualifies as the safety training to purchase from the CMP.

Patriots Day Weekend is April 21-22 this year. There will be a shoot at Beaver Valley Rifle and Pistol Club.

If anyone has questions feel free to ask.

In Liberty,

Charles McKinley
    Appleseed Instructor and Shootboss
    Last edited by Stand; March 9th, 2018 at 02:05 AM. Reason: Spelling

Well, I DID want one of these for my son...guess I'll go with the Ruger version.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Lackawanna County)

That email has a desperate tone to it. I can only go off what I see but the Appleseed matches at our club are not well attended.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    That email has a desperate tone to it. I can only go off what I see but the Appleseed matches at our club are not well attended.
    Maybe not well attended, but entirely fun and worthwhile. I've done two, but didn't make marksman either time.

(Chester County)

I have an out of battery issue with mine once.
    Hoplophobia is funny

Quote Originally Posted by West Chester View Post
    I have an out of battery issue with mine once.
    So just replace the batteries. Rechargeable would be a good idea if you're always running out of batteries.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Bucks County)

I spent a day shooting an MP15/22 at a Revere's Riders event at Lower Providence. Was great to shoot and I was considering purchasing one for the Carbine course i'm taking in August. Guess I'll be spending a bit more for a Colt M4/22

Yes, I'm British... But I have good teeth!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos View Post
    I spent a day shooting an MP15/22 at a Revere's Riders event at Lower Providence. Was great to shoot and I was considering purchasing one for the Carbine course i'm taking in August. Guess I'll be spending a bit more for a Colt M4/22
    Just remember if your taking a carbine course that the S&W is the only factory built AR-22 that has all the controls of the parent 223 AR that function as intended, the Colts bolt release is only cosmetic. This was the deciding factor when I purchased mine for my daughter, I wanted her to get familiar with the AR's manual of arms

Its been a few years , other manufactures may have made improvements on their control layouts and function

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by SgtRecon View Post
    Just remember if your taking a carbine course that the S&W is the only factory built AR-22 that has all the controls of the parent 223 AR that function as intended, the Colts bolt release is only cosmetic. This was the deciding factor when I purchased mine for my daughter, I wanted her to get familiar with the AR's manual of arms

Its been a few years , other manufactures may have made improvements on their control layouts and function
    Ahhh I didn't know that, thanks for the heads up. TBH It's only going to see light use for Carbine 1 so I might just snap an M&P up.

Yes, I'm British... But I have good teeth!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by SgtRecon View Post

True that on the "Colt" .22LR AR - just a "shell" with a firing mech inside, like those GSG5Ss and GSG Stg-44s and GSG AK.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast