Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    (Carbon County)

Default Dukelburgers bans sales under 21

Dunkelberger’s bans assault rifle sales to those under 21

Posted at 9:00 AM

Amid the call for stricter control of assault-type weapons and the recent moves by major retailers to restrict or eliminate the sales of those weapons, Dunkelberger’s Sports Outfitters in Stroudsburg will restrict sales of assault rifles to those under 21.

Dunkelberger’s sells AR-15 and other assault-style weapons, although they are a small part of their business. The Main Street sports outfitter will continue to other sell other long guns to those 18 and older.

The ban follows the school shooting in Parkland, Florida, after 17 students and staff were killed by a former student of the high school.

“It was strictly a personal decision and hopefully to show people we are concerned about the situation and are showing our support in this tragedy.” Dunkelberger’s owner Jere Dunkelberger said.

Under federal law, a person must be at least 21 to buy a handgun from a firearms dealer. But 18-year-olds can buy semiautomatic rifles and other firearms.

Dicks Sporting Goods and Walmart, two of the nation’s leading seller of guns placed restrictions on their sales this past week. Dick’s banned the sale of assault style weapons and high capacity magazines, while raising the age of any gun buyer to 21.

“Clearly this indicates on so many levels that the systems in place are not effective to protect our kids and our citizens,” Dick’s CEO Edward Stack said. “We believe it’s time to do something about it.”

Walmart said it would no longer sell any gun to anyone under 21 and would no longer sell items resembling assault-style rifles, including toys and air guns. The chain dropped assault rifle sales several years ago, citing weak sales.

The term assault rifle has taken on its moniker after military weapon designs were adapted to consumer versions.

Dunkelberger said it is known as a modern sporting rifle.

“Unfortunately it’s taken on a negative meaning,” he said. “It’s unfortunate because it does have a huge sporting purpose.”

The weapon is widely used for recreational target shooting and during the varmint season for varmint hunters. It’s more popular as a hunting weapon out west, where there are a lot more open spaces, because of the long trajectory and flat arc of the projectile.

“It’s not a deer hunting cartridge,” Dunkelberger said. “It’s just too light.”

A sampling of local gun dealer web sites showed an assortment of semi-automatic “tactical” rifles and parts for sale. None of the stores could be reached for comment.

Dunkelberger admitted he’s between a rock and a hard place.

“We’re in a no win situation,” he said. “No matter what I say or do, there are consequences on either end and there’s no good outcome.”
    http://www.poconorecord.com/news/201...those-under-21
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

(Wayne County)

Default Re: Dukelburgers bans sales under 21

I've avoided them for some time, despite folks telling me how great they were...looks like I was right all along. Not a dime.

Jerry is an a hole after showing his true colors years ago when caving into Mayor BLOOMBERG and sold out his customers information to reduce his fine ! TY GODS COUNTRY
    Last edited by MARINE DIVISION TWO; March 4th, 2018 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    Jerry is an a hole after showing his true colors years ago when caving into Mayor BLASIO and sold out his customers information to reduce his fine !
    ^^^^^This^^^^^^ Except it was Bloomberg.

Maybe he will provide video footage of AR sales over the past 10 years to smooth things over. Oh that's right he's already done that.

Now their NY/NJ policies match their NY/NJ prices.

I will never buy another thing there again including my hunting and fishing licenses.

(Chester County)

I asked a few years ago when was the last time the rifles on the wall (mostly lever-action) were cleaned and volunteered my non-compensatory assistance.

Reply was similar to "Thanks for the offer. Don't know when they were last cleaned."

Are any of these for sale? "No."
    - bamboomaster

(Philadelphia County)

How is the store owner in a no win situation?
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Monroe County)

Fuck Jerry, I'm going to return my customer card and let them know I will no longer use them for ammo and shooting supplies for Scouting events.

If anyone wants I will continue to follow Fed law, your 18 and want your first gun to be any AR, I would be honored to sell it to you.
    Trigger Time LLc
    Last edited by Rosco the Iroc; March 4th, 2018 at 07:03 PM.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    How is the store owner in a no win situation?
    Great question. If he keeps selling scary rifles to those under 21, the left will hate him, like they already do. They are likely not part of his customer base, so no change. Now that he has stopped selling scary rifles to those under 21, his current customer base hates him, hurting his overall sales. He made the wrong economic choice, to say the least.

(Lehigh County)

know wonder I decided to drive out of town for my first handgun purchase the clock is ticking!
    Especially with the prices on their used inventory .

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast