Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Default Re: Dukelburgers bans sales under 21

Damn, this is one stupid business model to piss off your customers. I cannot see this gun shop staying in business, with such a tard in charge.

How can the owner be an FFL holder and be against gun owners?

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Dunkelbergers

Quote Originally Posted by FBG001 View Post
    I was born and raised in Montgomery county (that liberal transplants from Philly have turned to shit), but spent a lot of time as a kid (I'm 58 now) shooting, hunting, fishing and camping and Monroe and Pike. I recently bought a weekend place in Pike and am shocked and saddened by what the New York transplants have done to the Poconos.
    The population shift has caused lot's of local businesses to change many things in order to survive. My builder changed their name probably because Hill Billy Homes didn't resonate with the new residents that wanted glitz and glamour and not just basics. Dunks has been around since probably the early 70's and like many businesses that have survived they have changed somewhat. If your life savings is tied to your business survival isn't an option, it's a must.
    I don't do much business there but when I have I've gotten decent deals. I tend to not go to the S'burg area anymore.
    Do or don't do business with them, they will survive selling over priced outdoor gear to overpaid transplants and tourists.

Yes yes I’m sure his decision was solely based on the the disgusting “wealthy” transplants many of which are gun owners and not the current national trend set by Dick’s and Wlamart who both decided to put out a press releases making sure everyone knew they are apart of the good guy team.

Coincidentally both Dick’s and Wal-Mart are being sued for violating anti age discrimination laws.

The End of Josiah's Railroad, Pennsylvania
    (Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by FBG001 View Post
    I was born and raised in Montgomery county (that liberal transplants from Philly have turned to shit), but spent a lot of time as a kid (I'm 58 now) shooting, hunting, fishing and camping and Monroe and Pike. I recently bought a weekend place in Pike and am shocked and saddened by what the New York transplants have done to the Poconos.
    It's really NY West here, as much as Florida is PA South.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Yes yes I’m sure his decision was solely based on the the disgusting “wealthy” transplants many of which are gun owners and not the current national trend set by Dick’s and Wlamart who both decided to put out a press releases making sure everyone knew they are apart of the good guy team.

Coincidentally both Dick’s and Wal-Mart are being sued for violating anti age discrimination laws.
    The demographics of the county changed and businesses changed to meet the demand. Not every Easterner is bad but as a group things had to change. That was no joke my builder was Hillbilly Homes and basically they did ranchers, bilevels, some capes and modest 2 stories. With the influx nobody wanted reasonable and suddenly big colonials with giant main suites and princess suites became the norm.They changed their name to a more upscale name and started doing custom homes.
    Last edited by Exbiker; March 6th, 2018 at 03:32 PM.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by ScotsGuards View Post
    If the business in question were not an FFL then this might be a possible course of action. However FFLs, as stated in the terms of their federal license, are free to sell or not sell to anyone for any reason as long as they comply with federal and state regulations regarding the sale. If an FFL holder decides he or she doesn't want to sell a firearm to anyone, for ANY reason; they don't have to. No explanations, no excuses. It's expressed in the license as a protection from those unable to purchase, especially the questionable ones, from nuisance legal actions.

Is it a right course of action for the FFL holder? (In this case Dunklburger's) Probably not but they are free to do so. Is it good for their business? Probably not but they still free to do so.
    I thought this might be a defense for their actions but does the protection you mention allow for a blanket refusal to sell to a group of people or is it intended to be a specific case by case ability to refuse sales? Can a FFL with a shop near a big city refuse to sell to certain races of people? as an example?
    Let's go Brandon!!!

(Monroe County)

PENNSYLVANIA HUMAN RELATIONS ACT"
    Act of 1955, P.L. 744, No. 222, AS AMENDED JUNE 25, 1997 BY

ACT 34 OF 1997, 43 P.S. §§ 951-963

AN ACT
    Prohibiting certain practices of discrimination because of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, age or national origin by employers, employment agencies, labor organizations and others as herein defined; creating the Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission in the Governor's Office; defining its functions, powers and duties; providing for procedure and enforcement; providing for formulation of an educational program to prevent prejudice; providing for judicial review and enforcement and imposing penalties defining "advertisement" and "advertiser"; and providing for certain forms of advertisement, for limitations and for civil penalties
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    PENNSYLVANIA HUMAN RELATIONS ACT"
    Act of 1955, P.L. 744, No. 222, AS AMENDED JUNE 25, 1997 BY

ACT 34 OF 1997, 43 P.S. §§ 951-963

AN ACT
    Prohibiting certain practices of discrimination because of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, age or national origin by employers, employment agencies, labor organizations and others as herein defined; creating the Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission in the Governor's Office; defining its functions, powers and duties; providing for procedure and enforcement; providing for formulation of an educational program to prevent prejudice; providing for judicial review and enforcement and imposing penalties defining "advertisement" and "advertiser"; and providing for certain forms of advertisement, for limitations and for civil penalties
    Except the 2A. Is there a civil right that has been more scrutinized, watered down, and discriminated against by government and individuals this past 100 years?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Except the 2A. Is there a civil right that has been more scrutinized, watered down, and discriminated against by government and individuals this past 100 years?
    The quote you posted related to employment issues....not retail sales of anything, let alone guns. Not sure what that has to do with your follow-up statement.

They sell fully automatic weapons? those were outlawed for sale to the general populous in 1986. I can't wait to hear about the discrimination lawsuit.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast