Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Dukelburgers bans sales under 21

Bye bye Jerry.......fucking fudd!

(Montgomery County)

Many states, including Pennsylvania, prohibit discrimination based on age in places of public accommodation which includes retail sales): http://www.ncsl.org/research/civil-a...tion-laws.aspx. Hopefully somebody will sue and make an example out of them.

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    How is the store owner in a no win situation?
    If he doesn't cave he risks pissing off people who have never and will never spend a dime in his store, you can see the pressure that sort of threat would put on a business.....

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    If he doesn't cave he risks pissing off people who have never and will never spend a dime in his store, you can see the pressure that sort of threat would put on a business.....
    "This was strictly a personal decision and hopefully to show people we are concerned about the situation and are showing our support in this tragedy."
    It doesn't appear to me that he was asked personally by anyone to impose the age requirement so he is not really "caving" to anyone.If this is the case then all gun stores are going to have to go this route rather than simply keeping quiet about it.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

He looks like the crabbiest motherfuker in the world if you've ever seen him fly fishing in his commercials. And I hope nobody is going to Pocono Pistol after this BS either

Default Dunkelbergers

Dunkelbergers refuses sales of modern sporting rifles to anyone under 21. Im going there tomorrow to let them know that I'll no longer be buying anything from them. I ask you guys do the same if your in the area.
    http://www.poconorecord.com/news/201...those-under-21

Default Re: Dunkelbergers

Amid the call for stricter control of assault-type weapons and the recent moves by major retailers to restrict or eliminate the sales of those weapons, Dunkelberger’s Sports Outfitters in Stroudsburg will restrict sales of assault rifles to those under 21.

Dunkelberger’s sells AR-15 and other assault-style weapons, although they are a small part of their business. The Main Street sports outfitter will continue to other sell other long guns to those 18 and older.

The ban follows the school shooting in Parkland, Florida, after 17 students and staff were killed by a former student of the high school.

“It was strictly a personal decision and hopefully to show people we are concerned about the situation and are showing our support in this tragedy.” Dunkelberger’s owner Jere Dunkelberger said.

Under federal law, a person must be at least 21 to buy a handgun from a firearms dealer. But 18-year-olds can buy semiautomatic rifles and other firearms.

Dicks Sporting Goods and Walmart, two of the nation’s leading seller of guns placed restrictions on their sales this past week. Dick’s banned the sale of assault style weapons and high capacity magazines, while raising the age of any gun buyer to 21.

“Clearly this indicates on so many levels that the systems in place are not effective to protect our kids and our citizens,” Dick’s CEO Edward Stack said. “We believe it’s time to do something about it.”

Walmart said it would no longer sell any gun to anyone under 21 and would no longer sell items resembling assault-style rifles, including toys and air guns. The chain dropped assault rifle sales several years ago, citing weak sales.

The term assault rifle has taken on its moniker after military weapon designs were adapted to consumer versions.
    Dunkelberger said it is known as a modern sporting rifle.

“Unfortunately it’s taken on a negative meaning,” he said. “It’s unfortunate because it does have a huge sporting purpose.”

The weapon is widely used for recreational target shooting and during the varmint season for varmint hunters. It’s more popular as a hunting weapon out west, where there are a lot more open spaces, because of the long trajectory and flat arc of the projectile.

“It’s not a deer hunting cartridge,” Dunkelberger said. “It’s just too light.”

A sampling of local gun dealer web sites showed an assortment of semi-automatic “tactical” rifles and parts for sale. None of the stores could be reached for comment.

Dunkelberger admitted he’s between a rock and a hard place.

“We’re in a no win situation,” he said. “No matter what I say or do, there are consequences on either end and there’s no good outcome.”

(Elk County)

Merged two threads on same subject.

N.
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Allegheny County)

Well, were it not for this policy, I never would have heard of them. So, I guess the policy is meetings it’s objectives.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by SIGFAN86 View Post
    Dunkelbergers refuses sales of modern sporting rifles to anyone under 21. Im going there tomorrow to let them know that I'll no longer be buying anything from them. I ask you guys do the same if your in the area.
    http://www.poconorecord.com/news/201...those-under-21
    Good,if I lived near there I might have been inclined to do so as well.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast