Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default New holster for Shield 2.0 w/laser

Thought I'd share. I made a kydex IWB holster for a friend's new Shield. It's a minimalist design, worn right side. He's planning 4 or 5 o'clock, works great at 3 o'clock as well where I normally carry. No left handed friends yet to make one for. I'll call that model the Leftist Elite.
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: New holster for Shield 2.0 w/laser

Looks like my kind of design - SIMPLE.

Even for my small 380 handguns, I hate the extra thickness that leather holsters add to an IWB holster.
    My Colt Pony came with a nice Mitch Rosen IWB holster and it was just too bulky, so I carry it and the P3AT in cheap, nylon IWB holsters.

I like the leather you added. Not sure I've seen that before anywhere, but it's gotta be more comfy against bare skin than Kydex.
    Not sure if that was a consideration, or if the purpose is simply to hold it in place better by "gripping" a shirt that's tucked in.

I'd hit you up for one for my Shield, but I don't know if I'll ever want to carry it IWB.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: New holster for Shield 2.0 w/laser

EM, thanks. It is simple, that's what I wanted. Minimalist, easy on off, comfortable, good retention, and easy and fast to draw from. I've been through bulky and uncomfortable, it makes it hard to carry.

I made one once with a real piece of leather, too thick. This is thin suede and it still adds comfort plus it helps keep the rig from moving around.

If you can put your Shield in your pants mexican carry, these feel the same.

Some may notice that it doesn't have the cool exact molding of the gun in the kydex. I can and have done it that way, but it's actually more comfortable this way without the sharp edges of a gun molded in so you have sharp edges on a holster. It still clicks in and retains the gun.