Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Is AR-15 for big game OK'd just a rumor?

(Make that semi-autos). Somebody intimated that someone in the know said so. I can't find anything beyond being considered.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Is AR-15 for big game OK'd just a rumor?

Here's what it says.
    Here are some of the changes this year that hunters and trappers need to know:
    Semiautomatic rifles and air guns now can be used for hunting small game and
    furbearers statewide, and there is no magazine restriction for either. These arms
    remain prohibited for hunting big game
    . Please check the small game secti on
    of this digest for the caliber requirements.

(Bucks County)

Thanks. That's due to be re-done. This person claimed inside knowledge that it's gonna be changed for 2018-2019. Guess we'll have to wait and hope.
    Last edited by Bang; March 3rd, 2018 at 01:38 PM.

The chances of that happening are next to zero. ZERO! With proposed legislation in the state house right now for banning.....quote; "Assault-Style Guns", I see no way in hell that the PGC would change what they already capitulated in doing last year. (Allowing them for small game only). Thanks to the mental wack-jobs out there that think the world is a video game, I just don't think we in Pennsylvania will ever see the MSR become legal to hunt big game with. We can lobby for it but the outcry from the Fudds and the anti-gun lobby did a great job dissuading the PGC to allow them for big game BEFORE the SHTF with the school shootings and the jackass in Las Vegas. I'm not condemning the outcry but its the system that is broken! Banning MSR's will do nothing in eliminating mass shootings until you stop the obviously sick from possessing/buying firearms.
    The PGC knows the outcry would be massive if they allowed it right now in this current atmosphere.
    Engineers make things idiot proof! Evolution makes better idiots!

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by Boo Vuccla View Post
    The chances of that happening are next to zero. ZERO! With proposed legislation in the state house right now for banning.....quote; "Assault-Style Guns", I see no way in hell that the PGC would change what they already capitulated in doing last year. (Allowing them for small game only). Thanks to the mental wack-jobs out there that think the world is a video game, I just don't think we in Pennsylvania will ever see the MSR become legal to hunt big game with. We can lobby for it but the outcry from the Fudds and the anti-gun lobby did a great job dissuading the PGC to allow them for big game BEFORE the SHTF with the school shootings and the jackass in Las Vegas. I'm not condemning the outcry but its the system that is broken! Banning MSR's will do nothing in eliminating mass shootings until you stop the obviously sick from possessing/buying firearms.
    The PGC knows the outcry would be massive if they allowed it right now in this current atmosphere.
    You need to stop blaming video games. I am willing to bet money 98% of the people on this forum under 35 are regular gamers

The problems are the lack of a father in the home.
    And the use of SSRI drugs.

Perhaps not in that order. There is zero evidence that playing Call of Duty matters at all. In fact I do not personally know a person in my peer group who owns guns that doesn't play computer games. It is a generational thing, and you just happen to be a boomer.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    (Make that semi-autos). Somebody intimated that someone in the know said so. I can't find anything beyond being considered.
    Yes, semi-auto for big game has been discussed recently at a PGC meeting. No formal decision yet.

(Erie County)

When it was first ok'd to allow for semi-auto rifles to be used for hunting there were no regulations concerning big game. However a whole miraid of dumb assed PA hunters all over the entire state were unloading on the deer herds and that stemmed a huge outcry from PA hunters to the PA game commission to not allow for semi autos to be used for big game in PA. The game commission received more emails, phone calls, and letters from PA hunters then they did from antis and animal rights groups concerning the use of semis for big game hunting. And yes I was a letter sender but all I asked was for 5 round magazine restrictions the same as standard hunting rifles. When I got a reply email it was explained to me the amount of people who wrote in with concerns. There's probably a ton of members on here who wrote in also but don't have the balls to fess up.
    Muzzel Down Range, Eyes On Target...

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by norb5150 View Post
    When it was first ok'd to allow for semi-auto rifles to be used for hunting there were no regulations concerning big game. However a whole miraid of dumb assed PA hunters all over the entire state were unloading on the deer herds and that stemmed a huge outcry from PA hunters to the PA game commission to not allow for semi autos to be used for big game in PA. The game commission received more emails, phone calls, and letters from PA hunters then they did from antis and animal rights groups concerning the use of semis for big game hunting. And yes I was a letter sender but all I asked was for 5 round magazine restrictions the same as standard hunting rifles. When I got a reply email it was explained to me the amount of people who wrote in with concerns. There's probably a ton of members on here who wrote in also but don't have the balls to fess up.
    Likely very true. And a couple years ago when someone shot close enough to my house that I heard the bullet hit I know they were not using a semi auto. Likely a lever gun based on how fast their followup shots were.

Maybe if they had a gun designed in my life time they could have hit the target....maybe with one of the first four rounds.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Bucks County)

Here's one to stir the pot: Make it illegal to shoot at a running deer, including after the first shot that caused the deer to run, period. That should end most if not all spray and pray concerns. Wait...that eliminates the need for any design of repeater. Disregard.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast