Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
Sorry, AR-15's are not allowed for small game hunting (unless it is chambered in .22 caliber or less RIMFIRE.
The exception to this in small game is groundhog. There are no caliber restrictions on them.
For furbearers, you may use semi-automatic rifles in any caliber, so you can use them for thing like coyotes, fox, racoons, skunks, possums etc.
Wow, you are correct, Leave it to our beloved Game Commision to really overcomplicate things, The manual is horribly laid out, you'd think something as drastic as a change in legal firearms would be clearly stated as soon as you open the book on the first page or two, not spread out through the entire manual

I have been following this fairly closely and I am calling the "rumor" of brief use of autoloaders in the 16-17 season somewhat hard to belive

What I do think is the PGC is making this so complicated that they are banking on uninformed people using autoloaders where prohibited to give us all a "we told you so " moment and stop it all together, they do not have their hearts and minds wrapped up in this

For 20 years now we have had a lot of service people come home from the sandbox, the only firearm many of them are familiar with and some very good with is the AR-15 style rifle.(I carried one in the Iranian Hostage crisis and Beirut late 70's 80's) If the hunting heritage is to grow and prosper in Penns Woods, the PGC has to get with the 21st century and allow this to happen