Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Clarion County)

Default Re: Is AR-15 for big game OK'd just a rumor?

Bring that bolt action baby out in 50 BMG and watch heads explode.
    It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.

Looks like the UK had to make some changes as they banned semi there. I like this however I do believe it would cost some money to hire A laywer to get out of shit if caught hunting with this one. I my self really like the AR bolt uppers if I still hunted I would have to have one.

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by mpan72 View Post
    Are you saying that semi auto was at one point legal for big game in pa?
    I believe sometime before 1906. I think I was told that was when they were banned but nobody seems to know the reason why.

(Adams County)

Semi-automatic firearms have been used since the 1890's. Just to put things in perspective, in PA we are prohibited from hunting deer using firearms based on a 125 year old technology, and nobody can come up with a reason why.

(Bucks County)

The reason why has always been a vague reference to hunter safety based on unsupported suppositions. From what I see, it's hunters themselves who have been the biggest opponents. You see, too many hunters turn hunting into a dangerous game in order to appear or feel manly. They tell stories of near catastrophic experiences. Restricting things is a natural offshoot. Pun accidental.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by SgtRecon View Post
    For 20 years now we have had a lot of service people come home from the sandbox, the only firearm many of them are familiar with and some very good with is the AR-15 style rifle.(I carried one in the Iranian Hostage crisis and Beirut late 70's 80's) If the hunting heritage is to grow and prosper in Penns Woods, the PGC has to get with the 21st century and allow this to happen
    Quite right, and that is exactly the reason both anti hunting and anti gun people push against modern rifle usage and ownership : they want to kill off the culture, and removing the most useful, adaptable, enjoyable, and recognizable rifles from it is the means to do so. Bolt and lever rifles are boring, too specific, expensive to shoot, and basically untouched for 49-50 weeks a year--what political and cultural clout can that possibly have? Nothing compared to something you can enjoy every week of the year, swap calibers in 10 seconds, shoot for less than a quarter a round instead of $1-2, work on like a muscle car in the garage, and take apart in half to store and transport? I'm 39 and haven't played a video game in 20 years but video games (and later paintball for about 5 years) did bring to light how rifles shouldn't be boring and how only ones that aren't boring will be relevant. The last 20 years have taught us rather brutally how being relevant has to be job #1 or else nothing will endure.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Bucks County)

Snowflakes see but one equation. No guns=no one can be shot. It's right in line with the simple expedient of getting an award for attendance as opposed to excelling.

I don't see that gun being legal in the UK for very long. It may sneak around the legal definition, but considering they faint at the sight of non functioning black powder revolvers, it won't take long to do something about this evil rifle.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234