Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Define "unloaded rifle" in a vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    Well that fucking sucks.

So under that definition, if my put my rifle and loaded magazines in a Pelican case, with four fucking locks on it, in the back of my vehicle, that is considered "loaded" even though none of the magazines are inserted into the rifle??

Well....shit.
    Several years back we had a competitor who used a pelican case to transport his AR and ammo to our monthly CMP shoot. I didn't pay much attention to this until one day I got a look inside his case as he was removing the AR. He had 6 loaded magazines store in cutout foam slots inside the case right next to the rifle. I didn't want him to get jacked up, so I informed him regarding the PA law about separate containers. He honestly didn't know he was breaking the law by setting up his case like that.
    Toujours prêt

(Susquehanna County)

Well I think the message to the original poster (OP) is DO NOT TAKE FIREARMS, GUNS, SMOKE POLE, Pew Pew, whatever you wish to call it, into NJ (unless you have a NJ Firearms card)
    It will NEVER end well if LEO sees it
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

(Lehigh County)

NJ and firearms simply don't mix.
    The NJ State Government, to include the NJSP, and any local police forces have a literal hard on for firearms owners. Having lived in NJ for quite a number of years, shot IPSC competitions in that state, I have never heard of any interaction with the NJSP or local police where, firearm transport has a good outcome. It nearly always leads to an arrest and then you, your attorney, the DA, and judge can work out the actual legality. I will not even fly out of Newark when going on hunting trips because of the draconian laws.

With their new governor in control you can expect that any changes will not be for the good.

So long answer short, don't go to NJ with firearms, all stop, do not pass go, do not collect $200. It doesn't matter if you are in the middle of a crossfire of gang shootouts every day, if you are found in NJ with a firearm, there is a better than 75% chance you are going to jail.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Several years back we had a competitor who used a pelican case to transport his AR and ammo to our monthly CMP shoot. I didn't pay much attention to this until one day I got a look inside his case as he was removing the AR. He had 6 loaded magazines store in cutout foam slots inside the case right next to the rifle. I didn't want him to get jacked up, so I informed him regarding the PA law about separate containers. He honestly didn't know he was breaking the law by setting up his case like that.
    Different weapon, and my case has assorted other items...but yeah, exactly my situation. That really sucks because I made all those cutouts an exact fit for my setup.

So...that begs the question, how is a “secure enclosure” defined for this purpose? I mean, if I put the mags in a ziplock, is that a secure pouch? Does the pouch need to LOCK? is Velcro good enough? How is Velcro any different than a ziplock?

Fuck.

I think the only way I have to “fix” my setup is to ether unload all the mags and drum and load them up on site, or remove them all from the case, in which case my big ass case has a lot of empty space. Both options suck.

5C5A3969-7314-4468-9EFD-EF5899DFC199.jpg
    DC738EC5-2EA6-4E9E-812C-0762572A7497.jpg
    Last edited by free; March 5th, 2018 at 06:07 PM.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    Different weapon, and my case has assorted other items...but yeah, exactly my situation. That really sucks because I made all those cutouts an exact fit for my setup.

So...that begs the question, how is a “secure enclosure” defined for this purpose? I mean, if I put the mags in a ziplock, is that a secure pouch? Does the pouch need to LOCK? is Velcro good enough? How is Velcro any different than a ziplock?

Fuck.

I think the only way I have to “fix” my setup is to ether unload all the mags and drum and load them up on site, or remove them all from the case, in which case my big ass case has a lot of empty space. Both options suck.

5C5A3969-7314-4468-9EFD-EF5899DFC199.jpg
    DC738EC5-2EA6-4E9E-812C-0762572A7497.jpg
    OMG, Free actually owns a gun.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    OMG, Free actually owns a gun.
    I see two and evidence of at least one more.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Parrisk View Post
    Well I think the message to the original poster (OP) is DO NOT TAKE FIREARMS, GUNS, SMOKE POLE, Pew Pew, whatever you wish to call it, into NJ (unless you have a NJ Firearms card)
    It will NEVER end well if LEO sees it
    Yea don't be one of those folks who just blindly goes into NJ and assumes the laws are like free states.
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

(Chester County)

While I'm guessing on this one, for a muzzle-loader in PA, nothing in the barrel, no percussion cap on the nipple/no priming powder in the pan. Black powder (whether stored in horn, shooting kit, etc.) separate from rifle. Percussion caps, powder, and priming powder not accessible by driver and preferably in its own secured container???
    - bamboomaster

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by bamboomaster View Post
    While I'm guessing on this one, for a muzzle-loader in PA, nothing in the barrel, no percussion cap on the nipple/no priming powder in the pan. Black powder (whether stored in horn, shooting kit, etc.) separate from rifle. Percussion caps, powder, and priming powder not accessible by driver and preferably in its own secured container???
    Nope.

Full charge, patch and ball in the barrel is OK as long as there is no primer in the flash pan or cap in the nipple.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by mpan72 View Post
    I see two and evidence of at least one more.
    Get an eye exam. There are three in that case.

(;

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast