Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Is everyone still without power?

Quote Originally Posted by bluetrane2028 View Post
    Newest update for restoration is now 3/12 at 12:59am.

No work has yet been done, and I know they fixed people who lost it in the more recent storm already.

I'm feeling entirely ignored and very stressed. First world problems for sure, but I just want to get life back to normal for my family.
    In Bala Cynwyd?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

I knew they were full of shit. There is no way they could possibly fix all the damage in my area by Friday. Maybe next Friday. My generator ate shit today. I'm leaving work early to pick up a new one. Getting a 7 kw dual fuel. Not exactly what I wanted to spend my money on right now but I don't think I'll regret the purchase
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Lackawanna County)

I’ve moved my generator from random use placement to fuck this shit I’m in for the long haul. I’ll be doing a whole house unit before next fall.

My dads is still out and peco isn't coming to fix it anytime soon. Does homeowners pay for hotel/motels?

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    I’ve moved my generator from random use placement to fuck this shit I’m in for the long haul. I’ll be doing a whole house unit before next fall.
    After 13 long cold days without power after hurricane Sandy the 1st thing I did when I moved to PA was have the hook up put in directly to my panel so I can run the whole house. Then I built an enclosure with good ventilation for my portable unit to run in any weather in. 7500 watts does my house as long as we don't run everything at once. We are thinking of moving again within the same area in the next year or two and if the new house doesn't have a hook up it will once again be the 1st thing we do.

I learned my lesson the 1st time.

(Lackawanna County)

This is the second extended outage. Sandy was the first. We didn’t have a generator for that one. We do this time. I’ve know got buy in to go all out.

Just got the new generator up and running about an hour ago. Man it's nice. It's a champion brand. Push button electric start and also has a pull start. Runs on propane or gas. I got it at tractor supply in Nazareth. It was the last big one they had. They had about 6 others left that were about 5kw

I noticed when I was coming home that some of the cabins and houses on silver lake road between 402 and marcel lake had power. It's getting closer.

(Chester County)

You guys up in the NE keep bringing up Sandy. Don't remember even losing power from that down here in SE. Now the ice storm from 2014 is a different story as I was out for five days from that one. Then there was a straight line wind blast of 75mph during the summer maybe 8 or 10 years ago that knocked us out for four days but being in summer was just a plain nuisance. Hope yooze up there get back to normal soon. I thought a day and a half sucked but feel lucky now after hearing what you're going through.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    Yeah, after Sandy I went out and bought a 10kW Generac standby generator. It hasn't seen much use since then until last Saturday where it's been running non-stop. Which reminds me, I've been a bit lax about its maintenance. Needs an oil and filter change plus have to adjust valve lash. I'll do it in the Spring once the snow melts.

Anyway, news update from my area of Shohola (by Twin Lakes). According to my neighbor, PPL had the power back on yesterday for an hour until a transformer exploded. Not sure now when the power will return... this is truly turning out to be a comedy of errors.
    Don't wish ill for your enemies. Plan it.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast