Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    (Wayne County)

Default Re: Is everyone still without power?

Both my generators went toes up...carb problems...run fine if I dump fuel in the carb, but wont feed from the tank...need rebuilds. Have power, and my backup for the genny is a 100 watt solar panel, a battery bank and 300 watt &1000 watt inverters. Fireplace and propane heaters if necessary. Supposed to start tonight into tomorrow...8-12 more inches on top of the 18 I already have.

Kids have been out of school since Friday...I'm not seeing them having school for the rest of the week...

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by amstel78 View Post
    And not sure if you all heard; Governor Wolf asked FEMA for 7.2 million in aid. Trump said no even though he approved Utah's request for 6 million last month. I wonder if this is in retaliation to the redistricting efforts by PA's dems. Whatever it is, it sucks.
    Did Trump or FEMA say no? FEMA has rules that are stupid sometimes, if not enough counties are affected, or certain other limits are not met, no aid is approved.
    it is bureaucratic bungling at it's best.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

Quote Originally Posted by Roadking View Post
    Both my generators went toes up...carb problems...run fine if I dump fuel in the carb, but wont feed from the tank...need rebuilds. Have power, and my backup for the genny is a 100 watt solar panel, a battery bank and 300 watt &1000 watt inverters. Fireplace and propane heaters if necessary. Supposed to start tonight into tomorrow...8-12 more inches on top of the 18 I already have.

Kids have been out of school since Friday...I'm not seeing them having school for the rest of the week...
    Mine had the same problem. There's a post that's needle shaped that's attached to the float. The seal the needle fits into is probably clogged. I pulled mine out with a dental pick and cleaned it. Now it works great.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    Mine had the same problem. There's a post that's needle shaped that's attached to the float. The seal the needle fits into is probably clogged. I pulled mine out with a dental pick and cleaned it. Now it works great.
    Most likely...will tackle it this afternoon, thanks.

(Lackawanna County)

I’ve got the tracker pulled up from first energy Corp. there hasn’t been an improvement in the pike county numbers since this started. It does not look good for us. I haven’t been back in a few days to see if any progress had been made on the downed trees etc

(Pike County)

Hey gang, I'm at the McDonald's in Lords Valley so I can use the wi-fi. I live in Wild Acres in Delaware Tsp and its really bad, way worse than Sandy. Observed at least 30 trucks from tree services/utilities on the way to McDonalds. Seems they have so much tree work to do before they can meaningfully restore power. And getting hammered again tonight/tomorrow is gonna throw a wrench into it. Our generator is sustaining us nicely. We can maintain about 60-62 degrees. Have enough fuel cans to only have to go out for fuel every other day. Good luck to you all.
    Life Member SAF, CCRKBA; Senior Life Member FOAC

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by mark40 View Post
    Hey gang, I'm at the McDonald's in Lords Valley so I can use the wi-fi. I live in Wild Acres in Delaware Tsp and its really bad, way worse than Sandy. Observed at least 30 trucks from tree services/utilities on the way to McDonalds. Seems they have so much tree work to do before they can meaningfully restore power. And getting hammered again tonight/tomorrow is gonna throw a wrench into it. Our generator is sustaining us nicely. We can maintain about 60-62 degrees. Have enough fuel cans to only have to go out for fuel every other day. Good luck to you all.
    I saw FB pictures of that area taken by the husband of the dog breeder we know in Delaware, off Milford Road. The number of downed trees was un-believable. They are saying the same thing "worse than Sandy"...

I drove up on Sunday to check my camp in Middle Smithfield and the amount of down trees in one area was intense, you could see where the snowplow slalomed between the cutoff trees and there was a bunch of 'leaners' resting on the wires across the road but nothing like the pictures form the delaware/dingmans area

(Lackawanna County)

It’s bad if I wasn’t so irritated I’d pull my dash cam footage.

(Pike County)

This used to be a road in front of my house...
    Don't wish ill for your enemies. Plan it.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    Did Trump or FEMA say no? FEMA has rules that are stupid sometimes, if not enough counties are affected, or certain other limits are not met, no aid is approved.
    it is bureaucratic bungling at it's best.
    Not sure to be honest. I only saw this article which states it was Trump who said no, but then alluded to FEMA in another paragraph. Either way, I agree with your last sentence.

http://www.pennlive.com/politics/ind...ster_snow.html
    Don't wish ill for your enemies. Plan it.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast