Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arex Zero 1T

(Pike County)

Default Arex Zero 1T

Anyone pick one up yet?

I ask because I took delivery of 1T a few weeks ago. Action is very smooth but recoil spring is very heavy; won't eat anything reliably except 124gr NATO loads. 115gr Wallyworld ammo (Winchester, Blazer, et al) results in stovepipes and FTEs. Granted, only about 200 rounds through it so I expect the recoil spring to break in over time but as it stands right now, the pistol is just too unreliable.

In addition, the optics mounting hardware is very soft. Already stripped out one countersunk screw just trying to remove it after factory install. The other supplied screws are beginning to round out. This is just after mounting/unmounting a red dot several times.

Albeit while slow to respond, the FIME Group mailed me new hardware which according to them has been properly hardened/heat treated and shouldn't strip out like the factory supplied hardware. Time will tell.

Anyone else experience similar?
    Don't wish ill for your enemies. Plan it.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Arex Zero 1T

I don't think a lot of people have ever even seen this gun, let alone shoot one. I asked my gun shop about it and they were not interested in getting any. As far as the recoil spring, can you lock the slide to rear for a week or 2 and see if that loosenes it up?

(Allegheny County)

Had to Google it.

Naming your gun a "Zero" was a BRILLIANT marketing move.

Making pistols to only work with NATO spec ammunition seems to be something that is becoming more common with the foreign military contracted gun manufacturers. Canik has done this before and Century had to have a different recoil assembly made and shipped to each customer now Arex. I would hope the FIME group resolves this at the production line if this is a larger issue rather then pretending like it doesn't exist like Century did at 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Had to Google it.

Naming your gun a "Zero" was a BRILLIANT marketing move.
    It's been on the American market for a number of years already and has been gaining in popularity.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    It's been on the American market for a number of years already and has been gaining in popularity.
    Which reinforces my comment about shitty marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Which reinforces my comment about shitty marketing.
    Not if you watch the popular YouTube channels and shot show coverage. They all review them, mud test them and compare them to the Sig counterparts.

(Berks County)

I hate the mud tests. Just watcher a Remington RM380 being stepped on ground into mud and tossed around in the dirt. What's the point? Who has too much cash that they can shit up guns in this fashion? If you want to depend on your gun you protect your gun. Where are the average Joe videos of roll over and pond crossings for new cars? Where are the motorcycle purposely sliding up the street and then run over by truck to see if it still works?

(Philadelphia County)

Disappointing to hear. The pistol looks cool but I already didn't have any interest in it. The p226 is the best pistol I do not like, and that is only because I am a lefty and find it cumbersome to work. I had a 226 and sold it. What A great piece of firearm and this one looks pretty good as well.

The "lock the slide back for a week" tricked worked for me on another popular foreign pistol that has the same criticism out of the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    I hate the mud tests. Just watcher a Remington RM380 being stepped on ground into mud and tossed around in the dirt. What's the point? Who has too much cash that they can shit up guns in this fashion? If you want to depend on your gun you protect your gun. Where are the average Joe videos of roll over and pond crossings for new cars? Where are the motorcycle purposely sliding up the street and then run over by truck to see if it still works?

I agree mud tests are lame and serve little purpose for the general population. That being said fan boys of the particular weapon being tested love them it gives them reason to boast or talk shit about other brands they don’t like.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast