Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arex Zero 1T

(Pike County)

Default Re: Arex Zero 1T

Didn't think to try locking the slide back for a week; will give that a shot. Thanks for the suggestions.
    Don't wish ill for your enemies. Plan it.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

That's interesting, but I already have a P226. The Zero is $500 cheaper than a new Sig, but my P226 was $500 used, and I'll take that over a $600 Zero any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Christen View Post
    Disappointing to hear. The pistol looks cool but I already didn't have any interest in it. The p226 is the best pistol I do not like, and that is only because I am a lefty and find it cumbersome to work. I had a 226 and sold it. What A great piece of firearm and this one looks pretty good as well.
    Out of curiosity, what do you find cumbersome about the controls on a P226? I'm left handed and I have no issues working the decocker on any of my Sigs. I just use my trigger finger. Same goes for the mag release.

(Tioga County)

Wouldn't mind getting one at some point, but it's no big rush. Overall I hear good things about them.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Out of curiosity, what do you find cumbersome about the controls on a P226? I'm left handed and I have no issues working the decocker on any of my Sigs. I just use my trigger finger. Same goes for the mag release.
    Were you able to without switching or changing grip? You are better than I. I could not find an intuitive way to use the de-cocker but to be fair it was never a carry gun so how necessary was it?

For the mag release I can reliably use my ring finger but shooting the gen 5 glock and HK series and heck even my beretta 92, i don't see why I made the concession. I used to think I should adapt myself to shoot every gun I came across. Now there are too many awesome reliable ambidextrous firearms and I have changed my outlook. I will praise anyone for good taste when they pull out a 226 at the range but I do not regret selling mine to someone who was psyched to get one. Trust me if SHTF i would remember how I used to use my ring finger very quick if i had to.

Quote Originally Posted by Christen View Post
    Were you able to without switching or changing grip? You are better than I. I could not find an intuitive way to use the de-cocker but to be fair it was never a carry gun so how necessary was it?

For the mag release I can reliably use my ring finger but shooting the gen 5 glock and HK series and heck even my beretta 92, i don't see why I made the concession. I used to think I should adapt myself to shoot every gun I came across. Now there are too many awesome reliable ambidextrous firearms and I have changed my outlook. I will praise anyone for good taste when they pull out a 226 at the range but I do not regret selling mine to someone who was psyched to get one. Trust me if SHTF i would remember how I used to use my ring finger very quick if i had to.
    No changing grip for me, but I also have large hands. I can easily work the decocker with my trigger finger. I use my trigger finger to work the mag release too. I don't care for ambi mag releases since to use one with my thumb requires changing my grip.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12