Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Mercer County)

Default Ted Nesbit gun control response.

Thank you for e-mailing me regarding further gun control measures. Acts of violence, such as the tragedy in Florida, are causing the entire nation to discuss and debate enhanced policies on prevention, enforcement mechanisms and punishment.

As a supporter of the Second Amendment and of our national and state constitutions, I intend to review any and all gun control proposals with careful scrutiny in order to protect the constitutional rights and freedoms of our law-abiding citizens.

I appreciate knowing your opinion on this issue. Please feel free to contact me whenever you wish to discuss a matter of state government.

Regards,
    Tedd

Rep. Tedd Nesbit
    Pennsylvania General Assembly
    8th Legislative District

Default Re: Ted Nesbit gun control response.

Got my response from my Rep. Kate Harper;

Dear Abner,
    Thanks for writing to express the view of a law-abiding gun owner in the district. I appreciate hearing from you. As I have stated publicly, I think the best solution is to enact a law allowing for an emergency order to remove guns from the possession of those who are a danger to themselves or others, not all lawful gun owners such as yourself. PA does provide for this in Protection from Abuse cases (with Due Process and a hearing), and it seems that if such a law were in place in Florida, the Florida shooter would not have gotten his hands on a gun. He had been reported a dozen times as someone law enforcement should watch out for. To me, it seems appropriate that new legislation should be targeted to those who, because of their mental condition, should not have guns. I am hearing from many of your neighbors who would prefer we ban "assault weapons" or even all semi-automatic weapons, so I appreciate hearing from you on this topic. Kate

Kate M. Harper, Esq.

My response;

Thank you for your reply Ms. Harper,

Obviously mass shootings have become all too frequent. I find the phenomenon incomprehensible. But blaming inanimate objects in a fit of outage is not very intelligent. We don't blame cars , or even alcoholic beverages for the death and destruction caused by drunk driving.
    I'm sure you know that statistics show semi-automatic rifles are used in a relatively small percentage of shootings. There are approximately 10 million AR15-style firearms in the publics hands. They have been available since 1964. Semi-automatic firearms have been available since 1900. There's probably another 50 million various other semi-auto rifles , pistols and shotguns in the hands of law abiding recreational sport shooters and firearms collectors. If these firearms were the root cause the murder rate would be astronomical.

Passing laws and bans based on emotion and outrage , fueled in part by ratings driven mass media , is not what a rational society does.

Thank you ,
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by rellisonii View Post
    Thank you for e-mailing me regarding further gun control measures. Acts of violence, such as the tragedy in Florida, are causing the entire nation to discuss and debate enhanced policies on prevention, enforcement mechanisms and punishment.

As a supporter of the Second Amendment and of our national and state constitutions, I intend to review any and all gun control proposals with careful scrutiny in order to protect the constitutional rights and freedoms of our law-abiding citizens.

I appreciate knowing your opinion on this issue. Please feel free to contact me whenever you wish to discuss a matter of state government.

Regards,
    Tedd

Rep. Tedd Nesbit
    Pennsylvania General Assembly
    8th Legislative District

Doesn't matter how many times you read it, there's nothing there that actually says anything.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Doesn't matter how many times you read it, there's nothing there that actually says anything.
    I feel the same, no real stance taken.

I feel the same, no real stance taken.

That's politics!
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Mercer County)

Previously he has directly said he supported PA castle doctrine, Eliminating PICS and to use NICS, and Co-Sponsored preemption bill, this is the first non response I have received from him.