Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Srew your due process, 4th & 2nd Admend.... while LE's drop the ball in FLORIDA

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    I meant relax, this is all a show. He cant and wont just take someones guns first without due process. He is just appeasing the other side IMO.
    That being said, if someone has 46 or 36 calls (cant remember) to the police/fbi about them threatening to kill a school, maybe it is wise to confiscate
    their weapons until he/she is evaluated. Due process can take months, a psycho can take minutes to kill a school. Maybe that is what he is talking about.

What would you have done if you were sheriff and got 36 calls from 36 different people about the same person threatening to kill a bunch of kids?
    You would have to disarm him somehow, maybe a instant court order/warrant to seize his weapons, I dont know the answer.

From what I know and not being that familiar with the laws in Florida they have something called The Baker Act.

some states refer to statements *Cruz made as terroristic threats.

*law enforcement would have easily found a way to lock that boy up someone would focused on him. **

from what I'm hearing this kid screamed he needed help mentally evaluated .....

so I don't think it would have been that difficult to find that Cruz pose an imminent danger to society..... with him killing animals and showing sympathy to terrorist organizations from the Middle East to posting horrible photos online...... I think this would have been a no-brainer.....

but this is an example of incompetence being hidden in the lack of proper investigation by the federal and state le's and locals.

THIS s absolutely stunning.....heads should roll for this .....but nothing probably will happen TO *the negilgent parties involved.

* Again I say look into the "youth diversion programs" that Florida and other states have implemented-- this is a big part of why that kid was not dealt with properly.

*They didn't want to be too rough on him so they let him go with verbal warnings.

By the way I don't have any idea if confiscating guns *from Cruz would have done any good..... of course people who want to kill and harm can find many ways to have access to Firearms as well as far more dangerous weapons.*

*it's not really relevant whether or not Cruz had his second amendment rights violated (as some may see it) in the form of confiscating firearms..... he was such a dirty nutbag he would have done something on that level until he was locked up.
    Gun Owners of America lifetime member! Same sex marriage is an oxymoron!

Default Re: Srew your due process, 4th & 2nd Admend.... while LE's drop the ball in FLORIDA

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyg101 View Post
    From what I know and not being that familiar with the laws in Florida they have something called The Baker Act.

some states refer to statements *Cruz made as terroristic threats.

*law enforcement would have easily found a way to lock that boy up someone would focused on him. **

from what I'm hearing this kid screamed he needed help mentally evaluated .....

so I don't think it would have been that difficult to find that Cruz pose an imminent danger to society..... with him killing animals and showing sympathy to terrorist organizations from the Middle East to posting horrible photos online...... I think this would have been a no-brainer.....

but this is an example of incompetence being hidden in the lack of proper investigation by the federal and state le's and locals.

THIS s absolutely stunning.....heads should roll for this .....but nothing probably will happen TO *the negilgent parties involved.

* Again I say look into the "youth diversion programs" that Florida and other states have implemented-- this is a big part of why that kid was not dealt with properly.

*They didn't want to be too rough on him so they let him go with verbal warnings.

By the way I don't have any idea if confiscating guns *from Cruz would have done any good..... of course people who want to kill and harm can find many ways to have access to Firearms as well as far more dangerous weapons.*

*it's not really relevant whether or not Cruz had his second amendment rights violated (as some may see it) in the form of confiscating firearms..... he was such a dirty nutbag he would have done something on that level until he was locked up.
    Agreed.

(Allegheny County)

Copy/paste of what I posted in the other thread that was already running when this one was started...

The comment about reciprocity "not gonna happen" (paraphrasing) seemed to be a short version of what I've thought from the start - nobody is going to agree to it - it's not going to happen".

Similarly, the comment about "taking guns" and worrying about due process later... sort of "wishful thinking" - an oversimplification of "how it should be". An "unfiltered thought" that shouldn't have been said.
    Like when we all say that a murdering, child rapist, (or a cop that shoots a suspect) should be executed without a trial since it was caught on video. Yeah, there's "how you'd LIKE things to work" and then there's how it has to be.

It was extremely disturbing to hear that said - more than any of the "anti gun" stuff quite honestly, but I am not convinced one bit that the president actually intends to start having people arrested or have their guns taken without due process.

No "Trumpster" here, no fanboy, not a "never Trumper", no nothing - just someone listening and keeping an open mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Copy/paste of what I posted in the other thread that was already running when this one was started...

It was extremely disturbing to hear that said - more than any of the "anti gun" stuff quite honestly, but I am not convinced one bit that the president actually intends to start having people arrested or have their guns taken without due process.

I think I agree with most of what you're saying by the way talk about difficult to hear what about this video very difficult to watch Feinstein Glee

"suggesting" doesn't mean "will".
    I'll throw my money on pandering.

(Berks County)

I meant relax, this is all a show. He cant and wont just take someones guns first without due process. He is just appeasing the other side IMO.
    That being said, if someone has 46 or 36 calls (cant remember) to the police/fbi about them threatening to kill a school, maybe it is wise to confiscate
    their weapons until he/she is evaluated. Due process can take months, a psycho can take minutes to kill a school. Maybe that is what he is talking about.

What would you have done if you were sheriff and got 36 calls from 36 different people about the same person threatening to kill a bunch of kids?
    You would have to disarm him somehow, maybe a instant court order/warrant to seize his weapons, I dont know the answer.
    You realize you gave a verbose rendition of the fud anthem " It can't happen here", "they'll never take your guns".

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    You realize you gave a verbose rendition of the fud anthem " It can't happen here", "they'll never take your guns".
    Put it to you this way, if my neighbor continually spouts off at the mouth saying
    he is going to shoot up schools (36 times) IM going to take his guns. Its a slippery slope,
    but I cant wait for a court order to remove the threat. People like that cruz kid need special treatment.
    As for verbose rendition of the fud anthem, I dont know what that means, and Im not worried
    about any gun ban at this time. As I said before, hes playing the left/right, or at least I damn sure hope he is.
    And I think he is. Only time will tell.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Screw your due process, 4th & 2nd Admend.... while LE's drop the ball in FLORIDA

Relax.
    Everyone on the Right laughs at the Left for blowing Trump comments out of proportion. Saying how he’s always saying outlandish shit that goes nowhere. And now? Well here we are
    “I knew all along once elected he’d switch back to being a liberal”!

And I’m not a fanboy. Trump is being Trump. Asshole? Idiot! Says what he is thinking before really thinking? Whatever you want to call it. People wanted a non politician then complain when he doesn’t speak from a script that alienated the fewest potential voters

Default Re: Screw your due process, 4th & 2nd Admend.... while LE's drop the ball in FLORIDA

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    Everyone on the Right laughs at the Left for blowing Trump comments out of proportion. Saying how he’s always saying outlandish shit that goes nowhere. And now? Well here we are

And I’m not a fanboy. Trump is being Trump. Asshole? Idiot! Says what he is thinking before really thinking? Whatever you want to call it. People wanted a non politician then complain when he doesn’t speak from a script that alienated the fewest potential voters
    Here is what Im thinking. He is going to look up the 94 assault rifle ban and see what effect it had.
    I didnt look up the stats but if I remember correctly, it was a dud, useless.
    So, he is going to throw that at the dems/repubs and say why have a ban, it wont do any good (which it wont)
    Thats my wishful thinking on it.

If I am wrong and he goes full retard, then it is time.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post

I was worried yesterday. But this looks exactly like the televised WH meeting on immigration where he agreed with Pelosi that there should be a clean DACA bill, and border security, chain migration, etc. could be done in a separate bill.

I'm still cautiously optimistic that this might be a "give 'em enough rope" strategy, to get them to be more honest about their true intentions to ban guns, not to nibble around the edges with "commonsense " tweaks.

If anything, he's no doubt gained the NRA a bunch of new members.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast