Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Philadelphia LTCF application and references

Quote Originally Posted by azalin View Post
    Maybe that should be one of the questions. "Do you understand the LTCF is not a license to brandish your gun to avoid a beat-down for being an asshole? I'm partially serious here; sometimes it seems people believe they have more leeway to "protect themself" if a confrontation they started turns against them.
    Where does it say he has one a LTCF? Even if he had one the above questions would have made no difference.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by azalin View Post
    I suspect the City's position is that since the PSP form is standard across the state, other counties require references to be supplied, the decision only affected Philadelphia, and the court's jurisdiction can't alter a state-level requirement, Philadelphia can still require the reference section of the form to be completed.

I do have to say that, other than the surprise of having to come up with a pair of references on the spot, the process was very smooth. All of the officers staffing the GPU were professional and friendly (Notably, everyone I saw working the GPU that day was female and dressed in casual or business casual clothes). I indicated my occupation as "Student" and wrote "n/a" for all of the employer info boxes and wasn't questioned in any way about it. I was told it would be ready in 40 calendar days (She seemed to combine the 45 day maximum time with the 40 day period before you can check the application status). I have heard of people receiving their LTCF in a few weeks, so we'll see.

They do take confidentiality seriously during the application process. You sign in with initials only and are called up by number. No names are called aloud. The interview consists of being asked the same questions on the PSP form, as well as your mother's maiden name, father's name and whether you (in no particular order):

• Have ever been treated for alcohol or drug addiction

There may have been some other questions I forgot, but that was most of them. The officer made copies of my supporting documentation, and based on the length of time taken to do this, I suspect they ran a PICS or similar check at the same time.
    How do people answer the above question? If say they went voluntary to get help?

(Philadelphia County)

I don’t know how Philadelphia handles that. Part of the interview process includes providing explanations to any of the interview questions, so I expect they would take into account things like how long ago it was. In any case, I would answer honestly. Lying on the form is a crime, and being caught has far larger consequences than an appealable denial.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    You are not being detained. You are applying for an LTCF, this is not a criminal investigation. If you do not wish to continue, you are free to leave.
    I'd be perfectly happy to leave. I was only there to drop off the one page form anyway.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123