Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Perry County)

Default Sniper Country PX, Pottstown/Mechanicsburg Ordnance

I purchased my FN Herstal FMP-9M from Sniper Country PX and had it shipped to Richard Greenberg (Mechanicsburg Ordnance). Both were very good to deal with. I sent Sniper Country a money order on 2-15 and had the gun in my hands a week later. It would have probably been sooner, but it was around the time of the Valentine's Day ice storm and Scott at Sniper Country's father passed away.

The price of the gun from Sniper Country was good at $439 plus tax and shipping. I dealt with Scott Powers and he was very nice, helpful and didn't mind answering my questions.

Richard Greenberg (Mechanicsburg Ordnance) was also very nice to deal with. After speaking with him, he faxed the order to Sniper Country along with his FFL and made all the arrangements. He charged me $25.10 total to do the paperwork and background check, which seems pretty standard.

So, I give both dealers an A.

Dave G.
    Dave G.

"Gun control has not worked in D.C. The only people who have guns are criminals. We have the strictest gun laws in the nation and one of the highest murder rates. It's quicker to pull your Smith & Wesson than to dial 911 if you're being robbed."

-Lieutenant Lowell Duckett, Special Assistant to DC Police Chief; President, Black Police Caucus, The Washington Post, March 22, 1996

FN Herstal FNP-9M 9mm compact
    Taurus model 85 .38 special

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Sniper Country PX, Pottstown/Mechanicsburg Ordnance

Scott (owner of SCPX) is a very good friend of mine. I have bought every gun I own from him. Great guy to deal with.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by jmateer View Post
    Scott (owner of SCPX) is a very good friend of mine. I have bought every gun I own from him. Great guy to deal with.
    That's great to know Justin. I live about twenty minutes from the shop, maybe I'll have to stop on by and see what he has in stock that I need. Um well, want, or whatever.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by jmateer View Post
    Well, it's a good think I didn't trash him then. No...he was GREAT to deal with. I will definately keep him in mind for my next firearm purchase if Richard at Mechanicsburg Ordnance can't get what I want.

Dave G.
    Dave G.

"Gun control has not worked in D.C. The only people who have guns are criminals. We have the strictest gun laws in the nation and one of the highest murder rates. It's quicker to pull your Smith & Wesson than to dial 911 if you're being robbed."

-Lieutenant Lowell Duckett, Special Assistant to DC Police Chief; President, Black Police Caucus, The Washington Post, March 22, 1996

(Montgomery County)

I live 2 miles from this address and have never seen this place. Is this store run out of a house? It sounds like a cool place to check out.

(Perry County)

I have no idea. I'm in the Harrisburg area and did enrything over the phone. Maybe one of the other guys can tell you.

Dave G.
    Dave G.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Quagmire View Post
    I live 2 miles from this address and have never seen this place. Is this store run out of a house? It sounds like a cool place to check out.
    They have hours listed on their site so I'm not sure its anything to worry about.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Montgomery County)

I'm not really worried about anything, just curious. My friends parents live within 50 yards of this place and I've never noticed it. I'll have to check it out next week if I get the chance.

(Montgomery County)

Does this guy have a sign up? I drove around looking for his place and couldn't find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

(Perry County)

Quagmire: why not call and ask? 610-323-6543. Ask for Scott. It may be run out of his house with no sign up.

Dave G.
    Dave G.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast